Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RCI's new website

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Sent: 5/12/2017 12:37 PM
    To: feedback@rci.com
    Subject: The Latest Upgrade

On RCI.com, why did you change from showing how many units are available to how many resorts are available?

The number of resorts available is meaningless.
    - - - - - -
    Fri, May 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We apologize for the change with the new RCI website. Your feedback has been shared with the appropriate staff. Please be assured, our technical staff is working diligently to update the website. Thank you for your patience as we work to improve the online options for our members.

Thank you for choosing RCI.

Kind Regards,
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

UUUUURRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

When you are searching for a specific date(s), it is extremely aggravating that those three red circles just keep flashing, and there's no options to enter the date(s) manually. Then you have to look at every resort and see if that date(s) is in the window of availability, then open up each resort and see if it is.

Also, it's still showing irrelevant "number of resorts", rather than "number of units" available.

Why can't RCI IT ever get it right?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I'm still waiting for those three red circles to quit flashing so I can enter a Start Date.

Am I the only one with that problem?

I'm in Chrome, maybe I'll go try IE.

didn't help

My experience from playing around with the new website is, the last thing you should enter is the date range. Select the region, state, unit size ,etc and then enter the date range. It appears that the algorithm is looking for all units in the date range to let you know what days have availability rather than the old way of letting you pick the dates and then determining what is available. This new method is extremely inefficient. But if you narrow down the universe first, it will come up with the dates sooner. Don't shoot the messenger - I know this is a terrible way of searching, but it is the one that seems to be quickest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    I'm still waiting for those three red circles to quit flashing so I can enter a Start Date.

Am I the only one with that problem?

I'm in Chrome, maybe I'll go try IE.

didn't help
    time of day thing I believe

Quote Originally Posted by bellesgirl View Post
    My experience from playing around with the new website is, the last thing you should enter is the date range.
    same here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345