Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When things go to crap

Since I have nothing else to do I guess I will continue the story of my crappy week which might not be as crappy yours but very crappy for me. Currently, there are mostly women going on this trip. All women in our two bed unit now. The woman who is now in charge is a sister in law. The resort guest certificates are in her name. They check in tomorrow, the shuttle transfers went through with out a problem, the Joya ticket issue has been resolved and it should be smooth going for them. The only glitchy thing might be the weather causing flight delays.

I'm not sure how women voice concern but one of them is freaking out about the weather and that the person needed for check in might not make it on schedule because of weather delays. Her statement has infected every one, all six of them, and my wife. They are group texting. My wife texted them to stay positive and have some faith. Her text has calmed them down.

So what happens when the RCI guest certificate person is delayed by weather ? This has to happen all of the time. Will they make the other guests wait ?

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    Will they make the other guests wait ?
    Probably.

Speaking of crap being relative, yesterday we went over to our little beach club to eat lunch with friends of ours from up North. During the conversation DW mentioned that she fell off her bike. She went on and on about it, how she landed on concrete, and how she skinned her elbow (showed elbow), and how she had told me the seat was too high and if I had just lowered it, etc, etc, etc.

Then she looked at the wife/friends and asked, "What's up with you?"

Turns out her dog had taken off running and the leash was caught around her wrist. The dog drug her down 100 feet of concrete driveway, broke her ribs, broke her collar bone, collapsed a lung, and she spent a week in the hospital.

I was waiting for DW to say, "Yeah, but I fell off my bike."

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Sorry to hear of the issues, but still glad that you caught it early. That is great for you and your family.

But a plus to you, you have had visitors. My 2 days in the hospital for my knee replacement, I had no one but my wife and the nurses that would wake me up at 1 in the morning. I had no plants, cards or anything. Even when I got home, nothing buy my wife to provide company. Sorry, but I was whining. I much prefer wine to whine.

Take care, and do what they say. That is the best way to see the next 5 year.
    Don

A bit of a similar narrative.

Last April late one afternoon I was heading north on Hwy 395 out of Pasco, on my way to Moses Lake. In that area Hwy 395 is a four lane divided road, but with cross traffic. I'm doing about 65 mph, on cruise control, in the right hand lane. There's almost no traffic.

About ten miles north of Pasco, in the Sagemoor area, two white pickup trucks approach a crossing from the right. They approach the highway and slow down, as expected. Except the first one doesn't stop. He proceeds onto the highway, less than 150 feet in front of me, traveling across the road about 5 mph.

My mind instantly deduces that their is no way that I can stop in time, and I am about to undergo a horrific accident. Without waiting for my brain to process information, however, my reflex system determines that evasion is the better option. I find myself accelerating across the left lane, into the paved median area of the intersection, and then veering back onto the left shoulder as I reach then end of the paved median area. As I shoot past the guy I see his right fender and headlight out of the corner of my eye, mere feet away from me.

I don't know how we didn't collide. We couldn't have missed each other by more than two feet, with me now traveling about 75 mph.

Almost every morning now, for nine months, when I wake up in the morning I take a deep breath, I wiggle my toes and fingers, and I say to myself, "Today is a good day."

When the whole family was together this last Christmas I gave a prayer of thanks that we were together, all of us. Because I almost wasn't there.

I am grateful. So very, very grateful. That word means more to me now than it ever before has in my life.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

And best wishes for a full recovery.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Probably.

Speaking of crap being relative, yesterday we went over to our little beach club to eat lunch with friends of ours from up North. During the conversation DW mentioned that she fell off her bike. She went on and on about it, how she landed on concrete, and how she skinned her elbow (showed elbow), and how she had told me the seat was too high and if I had just lowered it, etc, etc, etc.

Then she looked at the wife/friends and asked, "What's up with you?"

Turns out her dog had taken off running and the leash was caught around her wrist. The dog drug her down 100 feet of concrete driveway, broke her ribs, broke her collar bone, collapsed a lung, and she spent a week in the hospital.

I was waiting for DW to say, "Yeah, but I fell off my bike."

Better than falloin g off a mule...
    M. Henley

My first thoughts in the days prior to my heart attack was why didn't I go the hospital right away. I really didn't think that I was having a heart attack but I knew I was in pain. I could have made it to the hospital in about 120 minutes after the heart attack. 30 hours later there isn't much than can be done to save heart muscle.

Then I wondered if I missed my time and place. I was in a beautiful area doing something I really enjoy. I often hear things like "he passed doing what he enjoyed" like its a good thing.

Yesterday I was a bit bummed out. The mail came and I received a card from a friend. In it she flat out told me I have been given a second chance so don't waste it. After pondering the second chance and many of your posts, I am actually feeling very grateful to be alive and very very thankful for my wife, family, friend's and foe's.

Thanks

Bill

You are going through the stages of grief, even though no one passed (thankfully). As you process this huge life event, and the changes you may have to make, you will settle in to a " new normal", as your life will never be quite the same. It's good that you can now be grateful for you blessings; it seems as though you have many. Best wishes for an uneventful recovery. Do your docs want you to go to cardiac rehab?
    Jacki

Now that is an adventure nobody wants! Hope you are on the mend.

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Did you see a bright light?

Did you flash back to a happy memory?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast