Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Bit the bullet and booked Spirit Air

  1. #1

    Bit the bullet and booked Spirit Air

    I have read so many negative things about Spirit Airlines but they were almost $200 cheaper each way for my Spring Break trip to Myrtle Beach that I just had to try.

    Advantage: they are the only non-stop from NYC. I heard the seats are small, but for 2 hours I can bear it.

    Disadvantage: The nickel and diming: We are only checking 1 bag for the 2 of us, so $30 each way. $12 each to choose a seat, which we did - 2 aisle seats across from each other to compensate for the smaller seats.
    No snacks or drinks, but we will buy something to drink at the airport.

    We still ended up saving almost $200 each way, so I will see if we think "worth the savings" or "never again!!".
    Jacki

  2. #2
    Sometimes you just have to try something out for yourself.

    I don't have any experience with Spirit so can't speak for them.
    Luanne

  3. #3
    Lucky you got your luggage, Not everyone can say that
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

  4. #4
    DIL flew Spirit Houston to San Diego for our family Christmas. They flew her to San Diego. They flew her luggage to Honduras, where it sat for two days until it was located. She finally got her luggage back the evening before her return flight.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

    “This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

    “You shouldn't wear that body.”

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
    DIL flew Spirit Houston to San Diego for our family Christmas. They flew her to San Diego. They flew her luggage to Honduras, where it sat for two days until it was located. She finally got her luggage back the evening before her return flight.
    Yikes!
    Jacki

  6. #6
    We had a great experience with Spirit. I paid the extra $12 each to choose our seats, and we checked one bag between us. The timeshare had a washer/dryer so we were fine.
    We took off a few minutes early and landed early on both legs. Hubby is tall, and there definitely is less leg room than on other airlines, but he was in an aisle so he was fine. We each sat on the aisle opposite each other.
    No problems with the luggage.
    All in all, we saved hundreds and I would not hesitate to fly them again.
    Jacki

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jackio View Post
    We had a great experience with Spirit. I paid the extra $12 each to choose our seats, and we checked one bag between us. The timeshare had a washer/dryer so we were fine.
    We took off a few minutes early and landed early on both legs. Hubby is tall, and there definitely is less leg room than on other airlines, but he was in an aisle so he was fine. We each sat on the aisle opposite each other.
    No problems with the luggage.
    All in all, we saved hundreds and I would not hesitate to fly them again.
    Glad it worked for you. I had a bad experiance and never went back
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

  8. #8
    I can't understand why they charge more for me to carry my carry-on and stow it than they do to have a check in where a half dozen (or more) of their people have to handle the bag.

    I have flown them them on 2 occasions...and that will be all.
    Don

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by vintner View Post
    I can't understand why they charge more for me to carry my carry-on and stow it than they do to have a check in where a half dozen (or more) of their people have to handle the bag.

    I have flown them them on 2 occasions...and that will be all.
    Not sure, but the boarding process went very quickly since hardly anyone was searching for overhead space and clogging up the aisles, and disembarking went quickly too. We took off early on both legs of the trip, once they confirmed that all passengers were on board.
    Jacki

  10. #10
    Malibu Beach Barbie & A Super Moderator lawren2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    52,797
    Quote Originally Posted by jackio View Post
    Not sure, but the boarding process went very quickly since hardly anyone was searching for overhead space and clogging up the aisles, and disembarking went quickly too. We took off early on both legs of the trip, once they confirmed that all passengers were on board.
    sometimes good things happen to good people. I'm glad your trip went smoothly.
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •