Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How to sell my points?

  1. #1

    How to sell my points?

    How do you go about selling Bluegreen Timeshare points and what are they worth? We've paid around $33,000 for 21,000 points, but the maintenance fees are so high, so we are considering selling.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by 86pamela View Post
    How do you go about selling Bluegreen Timeshare points and what are they worth? We've paid around $33,000 for 21,000 points, but the maintenance fees are so high, so we are considering selling.
    There are probably only a couple of locations/dates that would be worth $2000 or a little more. They would be summer weeks At Wilderness Club at Big Cedar, or shore Crest in Myrtle Beach. The third would be mid January-late March Aruba. Southern Florida in Mid January-March might also have some value.

    Everything else is likely to be worth $0-1999. When selling you would need to know your trust and type, the location and week(s) associated with the contract.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, IL
    Posts
    691
    ebay will give you a pretty good guide to the bottom end value of your points. Heres' the completed lilstings

    As Sally said, there are few that are worth more than a a couple hundred bucks on the resale market.
    Scott

  4. #4
    Why aren't points at Solara Surfside or Hammocks at Marathon worth more than that? Those are great locations.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Montgomery, IL
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    Why aren't points at Solara Surfside or Hammocks at Marathon worth more than that? Those are great locations.
    My guess would unfavorable or split underlying week that doesn't make for good ARP.
    Scott

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    Why aren't points at Solara Surfside or Hammocks at Marathon worth more than that? Those are great locations.
    They would both fall into the Southern Florida category mentioned. Mid January through March weeks would have some value. Other weeks might as well but you would be looking specifically for buyers looking for that particular resort during a week you own. The weeks with value are generally the ones that are difficult to nearly impossible to book at the 10 month open booking period because they are taken by platinum and gold members who could waitlist early. The resort itself also has a little bearing on the sale because resales only get bonus time at that resort not system wide. If the purchaser already has qualified points it may not matter because they already have bonus time.

    There are so many points owners who want out of paying MF that if you don't care where you are deeded then you can find points for almost nothing. Multiple small packages are especially difficult to get rid of because of the transfer fee per contract.

  7. #7
    I guess we would be better off to hang on to it then, since we can't get much for reselling. At least we can still get some nice vacations. Thank you.

  8. #8
    If it makes you feel any better, BG's yearly fees are average to low average for points ownerships. And, if you include RCI in the deal, not bad for a weeks ownership, either. If you have the vacation time, BG can give you some great opportunities through RCI, via the cash options (Last Call or Extra Vacations) or by using your points somewhere Bluegreen doesn't have a resort. Get a Last Call week somewhere you enjoy, and that'd bring your cost per night for vacations down for that year.

  9. #9
    Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,331
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbitess View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, BG's yearly fees are average to low average for points ownerships. And, if you include RCI in the deal, not bad for a weeks ownership, either. If you have the vacation time, BG can give you some great opportunities through RCI, via the cash options (Last Call or Extra Vacations) or by using your points somewhere Bluegreen doesn't have a resort. Get a Last Call week somewhere you enjoy, and that'd bring your cost per night for vacations down for that year.
    As I posted elsewhere just now, there have been many $249 deals in Branson.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    As I posted elsewhere just now, there have been many $249 deals in Branson.
    Pretty common, I think, or at least every time I've looked, Branson has so many RCI opportunities I'm tempted to make use of those rather than stay in any of the BG resorts, even though I like the BG resorts I've stayed in there (The Cliffs and the Falls). Considering how isolated Branson is, there's a lot to do. We haven't exhausted the touristy stuff in Branson yet (haven't even done any shows!), there's a lot of pretty hiking in the area, and we have a list of things within reasonable (for us) driving distance we'd like to do -- Laura Ingalls Wilder's home is an hour and a half away, for instance, and Eureka Springs about an hour. I've been in a "new to me places" mood lately, but maybe I should move Branson back up the list...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •