Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trying to get out of time share DRI Diamond Resorts

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by t.roussell View Post
    Thank you so very much , a retired 86 year old vet.
    There will be a reason why one day every timeshare owner will not want it any more, and that's as good as any.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    This is almost 100% a scam. Do not give anyone a fee such as $2000, $3000, $4000 to "get you out" of your timeshare.

I have read this information on another Timeshare board. Why not give it a try.

And here is one owners experience.

I suggest you read thru this LONG thread and Then contact Diamond as suggested.
    Let us know how you make out.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthr...66#post1764566
    Thanks for that great information. There was a guy calling me a year or so ago wanted me to pay $1800 for them to sell my timeshare. Sounded like a bunch of junk. Asked him a bunch of questions and he just couldnt answer them properly. They were definitely just some scam company trying to get me. So always be careful for sure!

I guess got rid of mine through Diamond Resorts voluntary surrender program. These are the steps necessary to get rid of your points or deeded property with Diamond. First you need to email your request to LossMitigation@diamondresorts.com. In your request put your account number and contact information and a simply reason why you want to give up your timeshare. You should get a return email in a few days saying you are in their system and will be contacted in 1-2 days. I was never contacted but just received forms in the mail for each contract. The forms have to be notarized and returned to Diamond. The cost for each contract is $250. I had upgraded my membership through the years and what I thought was one big contract turned out to be four, so I ended up paying $1000., but it was worth it. The whole process took a total of 90 days and I am free and clear now of Diamond.

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsorg View Post
    I guess got rid of mine through Diamond Resorts voluntary surrender program. These are the steps necessary to get rid of your points or deeded property with Diamond. First you need to email your request to LossMitigation@diamondresorts.com. In your request put your account number and contact information and a simply reason why you want to give up your timeshare. You should get a return email in a few days saying you are in their system and will be contacted in 1-2 days. I was never contacted but just received forms in the mail for each contract. The forms have to be notarized and returned to Diamond. The cost for each contract is $250. I had upgraded my membership through the years and what I thought was one big contract turned out to be four, so I ended up paying $1000., but it was worth it. The whole process took a total of 90 days and I am free and clear now of Diamond.
    That's good to hear.

Even the most vocal concerning the whole lack-of-exit-strategy mess would not mind paying a fair and reasonable amount to the resort or resort system to exit.

After all, the current people trying to run the resort or system are having to deal with the shortcomings of those before them, too. Some are doing well at it; some aren't.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Exit strategies are now mandated by the European version of ARDA. Some USA HOA and resort groups are also waking up to the fact that it's easier to take a deed back than it is to lose money trying to collect from those who can no longer afford their timeshare. It also gives them more control over their inventory of units.
    OTE is even more slimy than ARDA, and their ''mandate'' has some significant outs for developers.

That said, the granddaddy of all timeshare, the Swiss chain Hapimag, which developed the world's first timeshare, has always had an exit program, where they pay the member to buy their week back. The member must have owned for a minimum number of years, and the buyback price is a set percentage of the current developer list price. You do not even have to give a reason for wanting to sell back. There is at least one independent resort in the UK that also has a developer buyback provision that is honored, and a number of HOA-run resorts, including one I owned at, that accepted deedbacks readily. None of these are OTE members.

Just sent my check in for $250 to relinquish our 30000 DRI points back to Diamond Resorts. Very easy ans quick resolution. I am so glad I found instructions on how to do it through reading this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12