Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More help with DS European wandering...

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar

More help with DS European wandering...

So they will have a few days after Florence to make their way to Pamplona (Spain). They are planning to do The rest of Spain after that and are looking for a good city or two to hit along the way. Amsterdam is out bc it's too far by train and flights are too dear. They don't want to go to Paris. Any other thoughts along the way from Florence to Spain for two young guys into art, music, clubs, and general young fun?

Well, they're going right by Marseille. I hear that's a pretty dangerous city...not sure if that's true. They do have a tourist site, though!

http://www.marseille-tourisme.com/en/

BTW, I saw a fantastic Bollywood movie about three young guys who take one last trip together before one of them gets married. They go to Spain and they each get to choose one activity that the other two have to try. One chooses La Tomatino, which is a huge annual tomato-throwing festival near Valencia, Spain. If the timing works out, it looks totally fun!

http://www.latomatinatours.com/

I believe Milan is on the way from Florence to most of Europe and although it is a big city, there are a lot of things to do. For historical sights the Sforza castle and, of course, the Last Supper are worth the visit. There are also many other attractions if they are into cars Alfa Romeo and Ferrari are in the area as is the Monza racetrack. A quick look at Rick Steve's book will give you some suggestions.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by wackymother View Post
    Well, they're going right by Marseille. I hear that's a pretty dangerous city...not sure if that's true. They do have a tourist site, though!

http://www.marseille-tourisme.com/en/

BTW, I saw a fantastic Bollywood movie about three young guys who take one last trip together before one of them gets married. They go to Spain and they each get to choose one activity that the other two have to try. One chooses La Tomatino, which is a huge annual tomato-throwing festival near Valencia, Spain. If the timing works out, it looks totally fun!

http://www.latomatinatours.com/
    His friend's family will be in Valencia, I REFUSE to look at the dates! It's not like he's ever embraced international pillow fighting day here, or pants less subway day, or anything like that

No, really, he hasn't!

Vienna is not too far off that route, and, of course, the French Riviera is right on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    His friend's family will be in Valencia, I REFUSE to look at the dates! It's not like he's ever embraced international pillow fighting day here, or pants less subway day, or anything like that

No, really, he hasn't!
    It's the last Wednesday in August. You're welcome!

http://www.latomatina.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
    I believe Milan is on the way from Florence to most of Europe and although it is a big city, there are a lot of things to do. For historical sights the Sforza castle and, of course, the Last Supper are worth the visit. There are also many other attractions if they are into cars Alfa Romeo and Ferrari are in the area as is the Monza racetrack. A quick look at Rick Steve's book will give you some suggestions.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolinian View Post
    Vienna is not too far off that route, and, of course, the French Riviera is right on it.
    I will check these out w him, thanks.

On my way from Florence to Barcelona (in my mid 20's), I stopped in cinque terre for a few days a la Rick Steves.
    Manarola-Cinque-Terre-Italy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SallyHoover View Post
    On my way from Florence to Barcelona (in my mid 20's), I stopped in cinque terre for a few days a la Rick Steves.
    Manarola-Cinque-Terre-Italy.jpg
    oh, that looks cool!

Maybe i should check out a guidebook or two like that. Thanks!

Milan is a crazy city to drive in but the "Last Supper" was worth to visit. You would hardly notice it if it wasn't that famous. Italy has so much art to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast