Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More help with DS European wandering...

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wackymother View Post
    It's the last Wednesday in August. You're welcome!

http://www.latomatina.org/
    I think he'll just miss it. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by iconnections View Post
    Milan is a crazy city to drive in but the "Last Supper" was worth to visit. You would hardly notice it if it wasn't that famous. Italy has so much art to see.
    Thanks, Emmy. His traveling companion will have spent the week prior in Turin and Milan so probably won't want to go back there. Also DS seems underwhelmed about religious art at the moment... I am considering leaving them to their own devices for a few days and just go where the wind takes them from Florence but with it being high season I'm afraid that may be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    I think he'll just miss it. Oh well

Thanks, Emmy. His traveling companion will have spent the week prior in Turin and Milan so probably won't want to go back there. Also DS seems underwhelmed about religious art at the moment... I am considering leaving them to their own devices for a few days and just go where the wind takes them from Florence but with it being high season I'm afraid that may be a mistake.
    The sooner we got out of Milan, the better we liked it but we may have missed a lot. We much preferred the Amalfi Coast and Gulf of Naples. The villages on the cliffs are so picturesque and and we loved Capri.

Are they visiting any of these places and are they going to Rome? You can't tell your kids what to do but you can only give them your best suggestions of what other people have done here and it was a great experience for them.

They will do OK as we did at that age also so long ago.

PS. I am glad to read that they are not missing Florence.
    Last edited by taffy19; 06-07-2015 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Added a paragraph.

DD absolutely loved Cinque terre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12