Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not a timeshare ?, but need help with location in Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Thanks, Luanne. I tried using Hostelworld, but DS said he had a bad experience with them in Tel Aviv last year, that they hit him up for extra $ when he got there. I think it was probably something like he didn't show up the right day and got surcharged, but I wasn't in a position to push it. I have been trying to cross reference their places and book direct, but of course now it's last minute. ARGH.
    Dd used them in Thailand and has used them for her entire European trip. No issues in Thailand at least.
    Luanne

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    Dd used them in Thailand and has used them for her entire European trip. No issues in Thailand at least.
    Thanks. I think its possible that she may be a bit more conscientious about advance planning than my DS...

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Ok, thanks. I was figuring near the train but wasnt sure about safety, etc. and with just one night there, no side trips. They are heading to florence from Rome
    The Terminii area (train station) is rather safe and there are lots of hotels there.

For Rome and Italy in general, one source with some interesting choices is www.monasterystays.com

For Italy, I also use www.booking.com

DD stayed here: http://www.legendshostel.com/Said she remembers it as being on the cheaper side , near the train station, clean and she felt safe there.

We stayed in a hostel type building a couple of minutes walk from the main Roma terminus train station for 1 nt. It would suit your DS. It was through booking.com. It was a room in an apartment with shared bathroom with the other bedroom in the apartment. We were in a very nice private apartment over Christmas but just had this room for 1 nt as we needed a place close to the station for 1nt only on another part of the same trip. The location sold it for us. Wouldn't stay there for more than 1nt though.
    http://www.booking.com/app_link/hote...otel_id=318360

We use booking.com for all our trips. I think it's one of the best accommodation sites.
    Last edited by Sydney; 06-05-2015 at 09:43 PM.
    Syd

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Thanks, everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12