Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Not a timeshare ?, but need help with location in Rome

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    18,398

    Not a timeshare ?, but need help with location in Rome

    I am looking to find a hostel or Air B&B for DS, for just one night in Rome before he takes the train to Florence. Any good recommendations for location? He'll be arriving in Rom at noon and leaving the next evening. If you can help me narrow down neighborhood I can find something. Of course, specific place recommendations are welcome but its high season and late notice so I'm sure we'll be limited.

    So far I thought this looked good, but not sure about location: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/224900?...%2F2015&s=eV2r

    TIA!

  2. #2
    Priceline
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

  3. #3
    Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    24,165
    You know I am a fan of the Citadines or Ascott Group.

    http://www.citadines.com/en/index.html

    Am not familiar with any areas. Check with mpizza

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    18,398
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    You know I am a fan of the Citadines or Ascott Group.

    http://www.citadines.com/en/index.html

    Am not familiar with any areas. Check with mpizza
    That would be lovely, but DS is on a hostel budget- this is for the first night of a 25 night trip, i dont want to spoil him any further!! I do realize he's in for a bit of a shock having grown up Timeshare, but too bad!!

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    18,398
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    Priceline
    Actually may not be a bad idea for one night. But which area?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Actually may not be a bad idea for one night. But which area?
    If you want to make it easy for when they travel then near the train, If they want to go to another area for a day Assisi is nice 2 hours from rome
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    18,398
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    If you want to make it easy for when they travel then near the train, If they want to go to another area for a day Assisi is nice 2 hours from rome
    Ok, thanks. I was figuring near the train but wasnt sure about safety, etc. and with just one night there, no side trips. They are heading to florence from Rome

  8. #8
    This won't help you specifically for Rome, but dd is staying at hostels for her entire European trip. She uses Hostelworld. http://www.hostelworld.com/

    They provide reviews, and sometimes she'll also check tripadvisor for reviews as well. She said the reviews from hostelworld and tripadvisor are usually pretty consistant.
    Luanne

  9. #9
    DD stayed at a hostel in Rome a few years ago. I will check if she has records of location etc.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    18,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    This won't help you specifically for Rome, but dd is staying at hostels for her entire European trip. She uses Hostelworld. http://www.hostelworld.com/

    They provide reviews, and sometimes she'll also check tripadvisor for reviews as well. She said the reviews from hostelworld and tripadvisor are usually pretty consistant.
    Thanks, Luanne. I tried using Hostelworld, but DS said he had a bad experience with them in Tel Aviv last year, that they hit him up for extra $ when he got there. I think it was probably something like he didn't show up the right day and got surcharged, but I wasn't in a position to push it. I have been trying to cross reference their places and book direct, but of course now it's last minute. ARGH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •