Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Help...Looking for Honest Answers ! How To Rescind Westgate

  1. #11
    Thanks all who offered advice...will be sending out my documentation tomorrow. Its day 5 within the 10 day period...I assume the post mark will ensure it falls within the FS guideline.
    I'm assuming I should expect phone calls once they have received my letter ??

  2. #12
    Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    24,148
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ67 View Post
    Thanks all who offered advice...will be sending out my documentation tomorrow. Its day 5 within the 10 day period...I assume the post mark will ensure it falls within the FS guideline.
    I'm assuming I should expect phone calls once they have received my letter ??
    Yes, they will likely call and try to get you to change your mind. Do not take the calls.

  3. #13
    Papers are in the mail...now just a waiting game.

    Thanks everyone for your help....nice to see helpful people out there when needed.

  4. #14
    Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Yawk
    Posts
    18,397
    Glad that's done. Now stick around and do some research to see if timesharing is really for you, and where you might want to own at a reasonable price.

    Welcome to the 4Ms

  5. #15
    I want to thank you for your help! I'm also in the same situation - no help from Westgate (I knew they wouldn't be helpful) no info on documents to cancel and no address listed. I was at a loss- came across this website and got useful information. My documents were sent to 3 different addresses - overkill but I want my documents there! So far 1 signed, 2 sitting at post office- even though they had physical addresses! It sounds great when your sitting at their table but then reality set in- I was so nervous! With this website - I feel a sense of relief and hopeful that things will get resolved!

  6. #16
    Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    24,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie31 View Post
    I want to thank you for your help! I'm also in the same situation - no help from Westgate (I knew they wouldn't be helpful) no info on documents to cancel and no address listed. I was at a loss- came across this website and got useful information. My documents were sent to 3 different addresses - overkill but I want my documents there! So far 1 signed, 2 sitting at post office- even though they had physical addresses! It sounds great when your sitting at their table but then reality set in- I was so nervous! With this website - I feel a sense of relief and hopeful that things will get resolved!
    Thanks for letting us know we were of help to you.

  7. #17
    Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,331
    "Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi received your correspondence regarding Westgate/Central Florida Investments. Attorney General Bondi asked that I respond.

    Thank you for considering our office as a resource in this matter. The Florida Attorney General's Office is concerned with all potentially unfair and deceptive trade practices our state. We are forwarding your information to the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division for review.

    In addition, you may also wish to notify the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes. Pursuant to chapter 721, Florida Statutes, the DBPR regulates timeshare plans in Florida. The contact information is:

    Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes 1940 North Monroe Street Tallahassee, Florida 32399 Phone: (850) 488-1122 Websites: www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr www.myfloridalicense.com/entercomplaint.asp?SID=

    Your correspondence provides valuable information that will help us identify trends in consumer fraud and allow us to set enforcement priorities. We appreciate the time and effort you took in bringing your concerns to our attention.

    Sincerely, Office of Citizen Services Florida Attorney General's Office PL-01, The Capitol Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1050 Telephone: (850) 414-3990 Toll-free within Florida: (866) 966-7226 Website: www.myfloridalegal.com "
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

  8. #18
    Does anyone know if the letters need to be notarized? My portfolio didn't have a secret pocket with cancellation instructions.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    Just found this info from googling "Westgate Rescind"
    I want to thank everyone on this forum on helping me rescind my contract without this forum i would of been stuck with this dump timeshare.

    once i sent the certified letter to west gate resort the cancellation went very smoothly and without any problems. i pretty much copy everything grayfal wrote and send the letter via certified mail on the 8th day of signing this contract. The envelope they tell you to hold on to and sealed will tell you the correct address to mail your cancellation letter.


    hope this message will encourage someone that fell for this trap cancel there contract

    thank you all.

    Nelson

  10. #20
    Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    24,148
    Quote Originally Posted by N3LSON33 View Post
    I want to thank everyone on this forum on helping me rescind my contract without this forum i would of been stuck with this dump timeshare.

    once i sent the certified letter to west gate resort the cancellation went very smoothly and without any problems. i pretty much copy everything grayfal wrote and send the letter via certified mail on the 8th day of signing this contract. The envelope they tell you to hold on to and sealed will tell you the correct address to mail your cancellation letter.


    hope this message will encourage someone that fell for this trap cancel there contract

    thank you all.

    Nelson
    Your welcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •