Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm talking about points usage at years end.

Arrow I'm talking about points usage at years end.

The Wyndham-points-year ends with 31 December. Even after ramming the country this year (And I thank God for the health) we still have over 77,000 pts remaining.

So far I find no way to tell members that places are available. I am asking for a PM to be sent if a member is interested. I'd rather members have use of a getaway than let the points expire. I find it feasible for two or three members to get away for 2 nights, 5 nights, and even 7 nights.

I'm aware of being able to place Rental Ads on another timeshare members site. It is very unlikely that timeshare units, with availability within 2 to 3 days, will get posted THERE in time for anyone to act.

Is it permissible to post how many points an available timeshare requires, for a specified number of nights, and just leave off SEND A PM?

I'm not meaning to be argumentative.

Is here a proper way to tell members of timeshare availability?

Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

too late for this year but I would advise putting your 2015 points in the points credit pool before the end of this year ... In the pool they will be good for 3 years from the date of deposit, and next December you wont be faced with a "use it or lose it" deadline.

I don't think Wyndham has anything on Marco Island or the west coast of florida, but would be interested in a couple of days between Christmas and New Years.

You are correct. You would most likely need to pick Orlando/Kissimmee to find availability. I doubt Pompano has but the bare minimum. Sometimes though last minute surprises me. PM me if you are interested in a getaway.

Sounds good up front. If a real good thing, wouldn't everyone go that route? What are some negatives for doing so? Knowing Wyndham, there must be fees involved. I hear about rolling points into RCI. That appears to be expensive.

Thanks Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    too late for this year but I would advise putting your 2015 points in the points credit pool before the end of this year ... In the pool they will be good for 3 years from the date of deposit, and next December you wont be faced with a "use it or lose it" deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by RESORT2ME View Post
    Sounds good up front. If a real good thing, wouldn't everyone go that route? What are some negatives for doing so? Knowing Wyndham, there must be fees involved. I hear about rolling points into RCI. That appears to be expensive. Thanks Ron
    It's $39 to put your points in the credit pool.
    Scott

Thank you Frank.

I'm forgetting what I once knew.

Why would that NOT be good for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by scootr5 View Post
    It's $39 to put your points in the credit pool.

Quote Originally Posted by RESORT2ME View Post
    Why would that NOT be good for everyone?
    About the only downside is that pooled points can't be used for ARP. They also can't be deposited to RCI, but there's an easy workaround for that.

On the plus side, say you have 231K points and you don't pool them. You take a trip and stay in a 2 bedroom for a week. You use 154K points, and 77 housekeeping credits. You take another trip in a 1 bedroom, use 95K points and 63 housekeeping credits. At the end of your use year those remaining 91 housekeeping credits vanish. The next year you take three or four long weekends. You use up all of your points, and by the last reservation you're probably paying for housekeeping credits to complete the reservation. If you had pooled your points the 91 housekeeping credits would still be available, and you wouldn't have to pay for any extra in year two.
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast