Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm talking about points usage at years end.

Quote Originally Posted by RESORT2ME View Post
    Sounds good up front. If a real good thing, wouldn't everyone go that route? What are some negatives for doing so? Knowing Wyndham, there must be fees involved. I hear about rolling points into RCI. That appears to be expensive.

Thanks Ron
    I think it is a good thing for everyone. I know its a good thing for me. It doesnt however solve every end of year problem. If you cancel a reservation, the cancelled points will expire at the end of the year. And if you come to the end of the year with cancelled points, the only way to save them is a deposit to RCI, (minimum deposit is 10000 points). RCI is great for most owners, but not me. I rent most of what I own and RCI doesnt allow rentals. (The plus is if I put points in RCI I have to take a vacation )

Wyndham charges to place points into RCI. Then RCI charges to use those points for a vacation.
    I agree with you on how to better use before years end. I need to rent out sooner rather than be stuck with points at end of year. From that standpoint I can see how I might better rent for 5 per or 3 per during the year than trying for that at years end, like now. Apparently folk don't grab for bargains around Christmas and New Years.
    I thought surely Bentley Brook would lure a skier, but not yet anyway. Maybe there's no snow. ????

At the moment I hold 77,100 excess points. In RCI, they would secure a week on the Eastern Shore. Pretty pricey with all totaled up.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    I think it is a good thing for everyone. I know its a good thing for me. It doesnt however solve every end of year problem. If you cancel a reservation, the cancelled points will expire at the end of the year. And if you come to the end of the year with cancelled points, the only way to save them is a deposit to RCI, (minimum deposit is 10000 points). RCI is great for most owners, but not me. I rent most of what I own and RCI doesnt allow rentals. (The plus is if I put points in RCI I have to take a vacation )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12