Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things to do in New Orleans

Platinum Contributor

Things to do in New Orleans

Any recommendations on things we should do in New Orleans? We will be going in a few weeks and staying at Quarter House

Eric look here first. If you need a Limo I can get you a great deal which includes RT airport. A few new hot restaurants, http://www.cochonrestaurant.com/ be sure to pick up some meat from the butcher shop next door if you go. The meats are smoked but Bring a cooler for the flight but it is not a needed. There Sausages and Hot dogs were great My son like the smoked Duck.

If the haunted house at the mortuary is still open go for it. The best I have ever seen.

BTW QH gives you free breakfast on the weekends and Monday
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

I do have Cochon listed in my list of things to do in NOLA. Have not updated it recently, because everything's still pretty much the same.

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    If you like live music, House of Blues is a great venue and usually has top talent.

Rock N Bowl is a New Orleans classic, moved to a new modern venue. You'll need to take a cab or drive but it's a NOLA unique experience, bowling with live music.

A tour of the Garden District is always lovely...

Beignets at Cafe Du Monde should be in order, too. I'm sure that's on Hoc's list.

If you aren't into college kids going wild (even for college kids), I would suggest staying off of Bourbon street.

We'll be there in about a month at Avenue Plaza Resort, so this is a timely post for me. Keep the ideas coming!

Breakfast at Daisy Dukes... and we always get a wings to take back to the room. If you watch football, head to Sneaky Pete's. Both are a few doors from The Quarter House. If you're up for a walk (about 15 min), Walk-Ons on Poydras is a great place for football. It gets crowded so get there early.
    Juanita

where is Daisy Dukes?

121 Chartres St.
    Juanita

Actually there are 2 locations in New Orleans. The one I've gone to is on Chartres... just down from The Quarter House.
    Juanita

Thanks, Juanita...I'll actually be in the Garden District on Charles St.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast