Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE help.... buying a timeshare for the first time. need honest advice

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    And who is one of the leaders in discounted vacation rentals? The following is their $299/week offering today:

604 Resorts (14708 available units)

And how many are at Gold Crown Fine Kettle of Fish?: 120 check-in nights available
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

It took awhile to make the connection, and get back to my computer, but maybe what I posted in another thread today is the best route for the OP, if anyone knows what it is RCI is talking about here:

• In response to customer demand, a series of new short-term and trial ownerships are being brought into the marketplace so you can now sample the timeshare lifestyle without making a lifetime commitment right away - See more at: http://www.rci.com/pre-rci-en_GB/lea....KEqsJgMS.dpuf

Almost expected . . . the link does not work.

That statement was here, under "Did You Know?":

http://www.rci.com/pre-rci-en_GB/lea...timeshare.page
    Last edited by JLB; 07-08-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

You might want to consider using this website that RCI set up for military people.
    You can stay at alot of the same resorts without the long term commitment.

http://www.afvclub.com/military_vacation_deals

If you really have your heart set on owning a timeshare and have not been dissuaded by
    every one here just yet, IMO you should buy into a points system that has internal
    trading like Bluegreen, Worldmark or Wyndham instead of buying a fixed week
    which may not work for your lifestyle.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service.

Sure, why buy the cow?

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Sure, why buy the cow?

Says the man with a herd who also owns 2 other homes.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Those who say no to ownership are those who can't give the timeshares they own away.
    Which narrows it down to a few million timeshare owners, plus everyone who doesn't own one.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Says the man with a herd who also owns 2 other homes.
    Seen the price of dairy lately?

I feel like I, and several other people here, have been very negative. I own 3 timeshares and paid less than $1000 for all 3 combined. They are not great traders, but over the years I've gotten some really nice trades; however, most of the time I've not gone in prime time. Not sorry I bought. If you really want to buy, do not buy direct from resort!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    I feel like I, and several other people here, have been very negative. I own 3 timeshares and paid less than $1000 for all 3 combined. They are not great traders, but over the years I've gotten some really nice trades; however, most of the time I've not gone in prime time. Not sorry I bought. If you really want to buy, do not buy direct from resort!

Nancy
    I tried to temper my realism with post #22, if anyone can figure out what RCI is saying there.

Even in my heyday of timeshare revelry, I could never have encouraged a 21-year old who hasn't bought a house and has no idea where he might be or what he might be doing in two years (assumption on my part) to get locked into a forever timeshare obligation. There's just too many ways to get a taste of it without a lifetime obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Seen the price of dairy lately?
    Bought a gallon of milk for $ 2.69 Sunday.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast