Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Legal question for anyone

Industry Representative ConsumerProtectionLawyer's Avatar
    This thread was responding to Tia's original question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tia
    "I am betting if you personally know a director in the HOA then you also might get special treatment"

Quote Originally Posted by ConsumerProtectionLawyer View Post
    Responding to Quote Originally Posted by ace2000
    "Hmmm, I'm still unsure. Does anyone know a Timeshare attorney we could ask?"

I am a Timeshare "Consumer Protection Attorney" but there are Timeshare Attorneys that work for the resort, that are a whole different thing... BEWARE of their loyalties because under the Rules of Professional Conduct (Lawyer RPCs) they represent the resort and have a fiduciary duty to protect them.

I work directly with Corporate Counsels, General Counsels and Top Execs/Dept Heads at the major resorts, like Wyndham / Worldmark, Marriott, Diamond Resorts, Hilton Grand Vacations, Westgate Resorts, Starwood / Sheraton, Bluegreen Corporation, Vacation Village and major international resorts.

When it comes to smaller resorts, it's the same, and sometimes the CEO or COO gets directly involved too,.

Consumers want and deserve a "consumer" lawyer mindset that has access at the highest levels, and in NO CASE that has ever worked for a resort.

Pure in the heart, is a good place to start.

We get it: Consumers are the TOP of the Pyramid, held up by a foundation base of Justice, and brick by brick we build our case to support the Consumer's Fundamental Rights.
    --I want to add this based on some later comments (and fears of mine as a Consumer Advocate)
    Many scam outfits will promise the world and say it is easy for them, they get everybody out. Remember if the whole game is to get your money upfront, then they can promise anything because they could care less about the back-end. I, and other Consumer Protectorates I know, are 100% focused on the back-end. The proof is in NOT lying to consumers or giving them false hopes, and taking on the burden, where fees become contingent upon full performance.

Be careful of known scams (bought to you by TCPAA.org long-time endorser of TimeshareForums.com, right on the homepage slider -- Be Safe!)

John, thanks for the replies! I appreciate it.

Cool Thanks TimeshareForums.com members when I was on vacation

Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
    John, thanks for the replies! I appreciate it.
    My pleasure to be back in the saddle
    And my thanks to all of YOU TimeshareForums.com members for helping each other out with a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g timeshare! and I also appreciate everyone making the Timeshare Aftermarket world that is completely invaded by Timeshare Bandits (82% Fraud rate) a much safer place for Consumers!
    See the proof of the need for consumer help from the FTC - 191 Companies Busted for timeshare aftermarket fraud in 2013 alone. The community of timeshare advocates here are exactly what beat-up timeshare owners need to sort the facts from fiction
    Thanks again,
    John
    TheAbramsFirm.com

Wink We all need a good laugh, even Lawyers

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    I always heard everything is in grey area until its not. So probably yes until someone challenges in court.

Bill
    This quip whip I missed the first time (b/c a lot of posts), but I shared it with some highly prominent Consumer Protectorates today, and it seems to answer any & all legal questions (LOL!!)
    John
    P.S. Love the Mr. Bill avatar too, and we all laughed so hard today... I posted it on Twitter just now for the world to see: https://twitter.com/LawyerTimeshare

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789