Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Know Mardi Gras Is Not Just New Orleans, Right?

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick

You Know Mardi Gras Is Not Just New Orleans, Right?

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I thought they were napkins and paper towels.

It seems your Bounty is never full.

Are you as Brawny as you are brainy?

Some people are quick to pick things up, but you are the Quicker Picker Upper.

Scott went by Buff.

Viva Mexico!

Any way, you are a Great Value to this forum. Sometimes you even seem to Sparkle.

Last edited by JLB; 03-06-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

There are also similar festivals abroad like the Carnival in Venice, which I attended some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinian View Post
    There are also similar festivals abroad like the Carnival in Venice, which I attended some years ago.
    All of Latin America and the Caribbean does this.
    Some form to debauchery before they get their ashes.

Having just returned from Mardi Gras I can tell you that Nola does this on a much grander scale than anywhere else I've experienced it.
    Absolutely nothing in the city is open except Walgreens in some places so forget about eating out unless you are in the French Quarter.
    Even the Chinese restaurants were closed. Finally did find an Arab restaurant serving food. Everywhere else serves bar food
    during Mardi Gras.
    It seems that everyone in town heads downtown. And forget about driving around. You have to walk it for blocks and blocks and blocks.
    Somehow we did get lucky enough to find a parking spot.

I was expecting more jazzy music but it was all Latin & Haitian style music. Lots of dancing in the streets. It's contagious after a while.

Wind and rain and Venice right now:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ve...ac882236d6b362

Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Glad you finally found food, Chris. Lol. I've never been to Nola for Mardi Gras, but being there for Halloween gives you some insight into just how wild it can get.....Not even sure that I could handle Mardi Gras!

Quote Originally Posted by chriskre View Post
    All of Latin America and the Caribbean does this.
    Some form to debauchery before they get their ashes.

Having just returned from Mardi Gras I can tell you that Nola does this on a much grander scale than anywhere else I've experienced it.
    Absolutely nothing in the city is open except Walgreens in some places so forget about eating out unless you are in the French Quarter.
    Even the Chinese restaurants were closed. Finally did find an Arab restaurant serving food. Everywhere else serves bar food
    during Mardi Gras.
    It seems that everyone in town heads downtown. And forget about driving around. You have to walk it for blocks and blocks and blocks.
    Somehow we did get lucky enough to find a parking spot.

I was expecting more jazzy music but it was all Latin & Haitian style music. Lots of dancing in the streets. It's contagious after a while.
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Last weekend, Curnard’s Queen Elizabeth celebrated the 36th Mardi Gras in Sydney, Australia.

(it's the only boat picture I could find for you JLB)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsieAng View Post
    Glad you finally found food, Chris. Lol. I've never been to Nola for Mardi Gras, but being there for Halloween gives you some insight into just how wild it can get.....Not even sure that I could handle Mardi Gras!
    You didn't think we were going to go without dinner now did ya?
    And believe it or not, it was a quest for someplace for lunch at around 2pm that ended up in finally finding dinner at 8pm.
    So this was no small feat we accomplished given the old Chinese food standby's don't work in Nola like the rest of the country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast