Thread: Top 10 Reasons to Travel Solo To Disney World & Solo to Disney’s Food & Wine Festiva

Top 10 Reasons to Travel Solo To Disney World & Solo to Disney’s Food & Wine Festiva

Top 10 Reasons to Travel Solo To Disney World

http://solofriendly.com/top-10-reaso...-disney-world/

Going Solo to Disney’s Food & Wine Festival

http://solofriendly.com/going-solo-t...wine-festival/
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

I've only done one solo trip to Disney but so far it was my favorite.
    I do plan on doing more of those. Even thinking to add on a few points.

Disney makes it so easy to go solo.
    You don't need to drive or rent a car, just fly and they pick you up and
    take care of your bags and deliver you "home" safely to your resort.

And there is nothing like being able to do all those rides that your friends
    do the thing when you go with them. Ya' know like The Tiki Room,
    Philharmagic, Small World etc. I've got rides that I had not been on in years
    because my traveling buddies flat out refused to waste their time on those
    rides.

And I love her suggestion to eat at the bar as a single to get into places like
    Cali Grill. I've only been able to get a reservation there once and it was only
    because a fellow Disney forum friend gave me her reservation cause she was
    going to cancel it. Now I know there is hope to get in again by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskre View Post
    I've only done one solo trip to Disney but so far it was my favorite.
    I do plan on doing more of those. Even thinking to add on a few points.

Disney makes it so easy to go solo.
    You don't need to drive or rent a car, just fly and they pick you up and
    take care of your bags and deliver you "home" safely to your resort.

rides.

And I love her suggestion to eat at the bar as a single to get into places like
    Cali Grill.
    I've only been able to get a reservation there once and it was only
    because a fellow Disney forum friend gave me her reservation cause she was
    going to cancel it. Now I know there is hope to get in again by myself.

I agree.....I also liked her suggestion of adult live music/a drink at Jellyrolls, the House of Blues & Raglan Road.

The other thing are the shows. I always have a difficult time getting everyone/anyone in my group, on board to see one of the shows. I always seem to be the only one that wants to take some time out to see a show.
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsieAng View Post
    I agree.....I also liked her suggestion of adult live music/a drink at Jellyrolls, the House of Blues & Raglan Road.

The other thing are the shows. I always have a difficult time getting everyone/anyone in my group, on board to see one of the shows. I always seem to be the only one that wants to take some time out to see a show.
    I guess you could do Jelly Rolls solo although I have enjoyed that very much with my friends.
    Would be easier to get a seat if you go solo though so that's a plus.

And yeah the shows. Why is that people hate the shows?
    I mean seriously? They'll pay $50-$100 to see Disney shows when they hit the circuit
    but won't spend 30 minutes watching them in the parks. I don't get it.

I love Disney, but prefer to do it with Kelli as she has so much enthusiasm and I can see it thru a "childs" eyes again. I have gone solo and also enjoyed it. Chris , I swear I think you have the wrong traveling friends. shaggy

We preferred going to Disneyland with family or friends who had never seen it before. They all enjoyed it thoroughly but it is true that they were not interested to see the shows. They wanted to see it all and Disneyland is tiny next to Disney World from hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    Chris , I swear I think you have the wrong traveling friends. shaggy
    Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by iconnections View Post
    We preferred going to Disneyland with family or friends who had never seen it before. They all enjoyed it thoroughly but it is true that they were not interested to see the shows. They wanted to see it all and Disneyland is tiny next to Disney World from hearsay.
    So many people don't like the shows.
    I don't get it. I love the shows.
    I also love the rides but the older I get the less I can tolerate many of the rides.

I laughed at the second one (Photopass photogs), because the last time we were at the MK a couple asked us to take their pictures.

rides.
    I'm with shaggy -- you're traveling with the wrong people. The Tiki Room and Small World are Disney classics, and Philharmagic is classic Disney. Personally, I don't get the people who go to Disney to do the Disney version of carnival rides.

What makes Disney so great for me is the kind of rides you're talking about, the shows, and the live performances, which either aren't available elsewhere or cost a fortune. I'm amazed the number of people who don't do those three.

I also love the rides but the older I get the less I can tolerate many of the rides.
    Ditto. I've never been much for most carnival rides, partly because I've never had much tolerance for spinny stuff, but I do like some coasters and I just can't take them anymore.

My favorite trip is taking someone that hasn't been before, especially a child. Second favorite would be solo. I enjoy ALL of Disney. There isn't a ride or show there that I would not go see, time permitting. We are taking my 5 yo in October and plan to see and do everything she is tall enough for. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammybelle View Post
    My favorite trip is taking someone that hasn't been before, especially a child. Second favorite would be solo. I enjoy ALL of Disney. There isn't a ride or show there that I would not go see, time permitting. We are taking my 5 yo in October and plan to see and do everything she is tall enough for. I can't wait.
    Disney is always fun with a first timer.
    Enjoy your trip with your daughter.

Welcome to the forum.