Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump bought Golden Strand Resort. Now what?

Speaking of the Russians, WOW!!! Do THEY have a BAD name with the German and Austrian hotels! They had an earful the last 2 or 3 years to tell us about how sick they are of the rude and ignorant way they act. Some of the stories are really shocking! They have awful things to say about the Chinese also. They have told us they really like the American tourists and say they are always polite and respectful. But OMG the stories about the Russians and Chinese! They say they don't even want them staying at their hotels. We have been staying at some of the same hotels in those areas for years now and they feel VERY comfortable dishing us all the dirt!

We certainly have our share of this rudeness but they don't just visit, they stay.

"He" must be referring to The Donald. It isn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskre View Post
    I'm sure this isn't the last resort he'll have his eyes on.
    My little Hollywood resort is probably going to be a target at some point too.
    It's on prime beachfront land.

Developers have already purchased several of the motels on the street and are putting up
    gazillion dollar townhomes. Jimmy Buffet is also putting in a Margaritaville.
    I know it's probably got only a few years left before Trump moves down the street
    looking for other sites. There is already a Trump towers on Hollywood beach so
    why not build Trump Towers II.

I know he isn't doing these projects alone and they are just using his name, but
    since he allows it he shouldn't be surprised at the haters.
    Funny thing is that most of these units are sold to foreigners so we Americans
    are getting fewer and fewer affordable options to live on the beach.
    This is truly going to be Manhattan South in a few years.
    Skyscrapers are everywhere now.
    Even mini ones going up in the suburbs.
    It's two brothers, originally from South Africa, that share a last name but no relation.

I also think of Donald Trump when I see "Trump" anything. I guess he isn't the only Trump with lots of money that develops real estate.

I loved Golden Strand Ocean Villas also and was sorry to hear of the timeshare termination.

I was just online looking at inventory by a well-known and respected timeshare reseller. They had a 2BR available for sale at this resort. Hmmm, I'd love to have it and I put it in my shopping cart and checked out. I guess we'll talk in the next day or two and find out how they can sell a timeshare ownership at a resort that terminated the timeshare.

When going on the resort's website, there is inventory to reserve through this October, though there is no inventory available in RCI.

Quote Originally Posted by Egret1986 View Post
    It's two brothers, originally from South Africa, that share a last name but no relation.

I also think of Donald Trump when I see "Trump" anything. I guess he isn't the only Trump with lots of money that develops real estate.

I loved Golden Strand Ocean Villas also and was sorry to hear of the timeshare termination.

I was just online looking at inventory by a well-known and respected timeshare reseller. They had a 2BR available for sale at this resort. Hmmm, I'd love to have it and I put it in my shopping cart and checked out. I guess we'll talk in the next day or two and find out how they can sell a timeshare ownership at a resort that terminated the timeshare.

When going on the resort's website, there is inventory to reserve through this October, though there is no inventory available in RCI.
    I had a friend who said they paid him nicely for his week.
    Maybe you should buy it. I saw it on Sumday.

Trump Group plans new Acqualina condo tower in Sunny Isles...

Palazzo would be 15th project announced in city since latest boom began in September 09, 2014
    Last edited by jackio; 02-01-2017 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Commercial link

Quote Originally Posted by nicko21tawny View Post
    Trump Group plans new Acqualina condo tower in Sunny Isles...

Palazzo would be 15th project announced in city since latest boom began in September 09, 2014
    The resort next door is also called Aqualina.
    It had some major structural problems a few years back.
    They are building them too tall for this sandy stretch of beach.
    But what do they care. They build it and sell and take off and leave the problem to the homeowners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12