Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hapimag Amsterdam? Other options?

The Marriott in Amsterdam is very close to the Central Train Station so you can walk it easily if you travel light. We noticed this at most Marriotts in each city and country. We used the Eurorail and liked it very much but renting a car is better yet but parking a car is very expensive and hard to find in the center of most cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Thanks, I remember when that place used to come up but we would like to be a little more central anyway. A friend just recommended NH Carlton hotel by the flower market.
    We have stayed at the NH hotels in Siena and Florence and was very pleased with our stays. I would not hesitate to book a NH hotel again.

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaH View Post
    We have stayed at the NH hotels in Siena and Florence and was very pleased with our stays. I would not hesitate to book a NH hotel again.
    If we travel with our friends, I think this is where we will end up. I made a cancelable reservation for now.

Indeed Marriott are still selling on eBay (using a German travel agent with 99% rating ) but have not seen Amsterdam recently. I know NL hotels from other cities and can support the recommendations ..hope all works out well for you .
    (example from e Bay Marriott Renaissance Paris for $100 per room inc breakfast !!)
    Enjoy your vacation
    Garry

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Well, I thought I'd bring this thread back up to date, our friends are joining us and we've each booked at NH Carlton, they were too last minute for us to do anything else and this is the place they always stay. Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I just took a look at the Groupons using Angela's link, and I must say that the offering for "body sugaring" sounds uniquely Amsterdam-esque...

That is a good location, Avery. You'll like Amsterdam. You can walk to most places you may like to see. I love Amsterda when I lived here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    I just took a look at the Groupons using Angela's link, and I must say that the offering for "body sugaring" sounds uniquely Amsterdam-esque...
    I think I'd skip the waxing (get it done at home) and spend my money on the 3 course Truffle lunch instead.
    Last edited by CarolF; 05-08-2014 at 03:58 AM.

Sounds like a blast! Enjoy!
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12