Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to stay in Ireland?

Oy, I guess I'm not staying in a 2 bdrm at The Shelbourne Dublin.

You Selected: Princess Grace, 2 Bedroom Presidential Suite, St Stephen Green view, City view, Heritage Wing

1 / 2
    Regular rate
    Rate rules Room details
    Room & Accessibility Preferences (optional)

Almost Sold Out
    EUR / Night
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsieAng View Post
    Wow, thanks Pat! They offer some great tours. Both the one & 2 days tours could work really well for us.

edited to add:

Actually, after looking over some of the tours, that 3 day tour to Galway & Kerry really looks nice!

Maybe for my first trip to Ireland, I'm better off just staying in Dublin, and doing these tours. Hmmmmm........
    Yup….because then u can enjoy the countryside without having to drive & of course your stops at the pubs will be better as well.

Take the upgraded accommodation option with Paddywagon, my friends did. Some reviews you will read that are negative are about the lesser rooms.
    And the Dublin hotel kept my friends large suitcase when they went on the 2 day tour, they just took overnight bags

Oy, I guess I'm not staying in a 2 bdrm at The Shelbourne Dublin.

You Selected: Princess Grace, 2 Bedroom Presidential Suite, St Stephen Green view, City view, Heritage Wing

1 / 2
    Regular rate
    Rate rules Room details
    Room & Accessibility Preferences (optional)

Almost Sold Out
    EUR / Night
    LOL, it is a good use of a 5 day hotel cert….really nice lounge…and they have a special lounge on the first floor for hotel guests only - and of course there famous bar where all the rich and famous gather every night.

If you want to see Bono - you need to head out to Dalkey (Fitzpatricks Castle) where he hangs out.

OK, my new plan is to stay in Dublin, and do tours.

I will take the luxury option......I'm most likely not going to get FC timeshare without renting it, so instead, I'll either book rooms using a hotel certificate, or rent an apartment. Or, both. Maybe: http://www.dublin1apartments.com/

I could possibly stay in The Shelbourne for 5 nights....Then do a 2 or 3 day tour....Then back to Dublin where I'd stay in an apartment for a week, and do some day trips. How does that sound?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    Yup….because then u can enjoy the countryside without having to drive & of course your stops at the pubs will be better as well.

Take the upgraded accommodation option with Paddywagon, my friends did. Some reviews you will read that are negative are about the lesser rooms.
    And the Dublin hotel kept my friends large suitcase when they went on the 2 day tour, they just took overnight bags
    Angela

OK, my new plan is to stay in Dublin, and do tours.

I will take the luxury option......I'm most likely not going to get FC timeshare without renting it, so instead, I'll either book rooms using a hotel certificate, or rent an apartment. Or, both. Maybe: http://www.dublin1apartments.com/

I could possibly stay in The Shelbourne for 5 nights....Then do a 2 or 3 day tour....Then back to Dublin where I'd stay in an apartment for a week, and do some day trips. How does that sound?
    That sounds FABULOUS!

Ok then, thats what I'll do. I feel so much better having direction, and a plan. Thanks so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    That sounds FABULOUS!
    Angela

Missed most of this as I was away ! but all the advice is good ....the real Ireland is of course outside Dublin ( where I live !)
    Galway would be best for me ...followed by Killarney and Kilkenny .
    Let me know your final plans and I would be delighted to assist to local recommendations for each stop
    ( after a fantastic tour of CA AZ and Utah over last few weeks , Ireland is a doddle ...you can drive right acrss the country in 3 hours)
    Enjoy !
    Garry

Thanks Garry!

I thought that I was all set, but maybe not. Maybe I should stay 5 nights in Dublin, and then stay in Galway, and do day trips from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland's Call View Post
    Missed most of this as I was away ! but all the advice is good ....the real Ireland is of course outside Dublin ( where I live !)
    Galway would be best for me ...followed by Killarney and Kilkenny .
    Let me know your final plans and I would be delighted to assist to local recommendations for each stop
    ( after a fantastic tour of CA AZ and Utah over last few weeks , Ireland is a doddle ...you can drive right acrss the country in 3 hours)
    Enjoy !
    Garry
    Angela

Now Garry, you Really do live in Dublin. Just sort of the suburbs as where Angela lives. LOL

And America is a VERY big country!

3 miles ...is as close ae we can get (or afford ! )
    G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12