Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling Bluegreen Points Timeshare

Selling Bluegreen Points Timeshare

I have had points with Bluegreen for more than 10 years. In a stupid move, I ended up moving from Sliver to Gold. Now I am the owner of 36K point/year and pay about $2400 in yearly maintenance fees. The 'mortgage' for the points is paid for but I am tired of having to pay for these maintenance fees.
    Is there a way to sell this timeshare and maybe get some money out of this?
    What happens if I just decide not to pay the maintenance fees?
    Appreciate the help I can get with this!!!!!!

Where do you own?
    You will more than likely end up giving this away if you want to get out from under the MF's unless you own something desirable.

It is deeded in The Fountains Resort in Orlando, FL, but again, being Bluegreen you can pick any of their locations.

Here are some completed auctions for the Fountains on ebay to give you an idea of what you could expect resale.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Timeshares-f...mplete=1&rt=nc

wow, that is not encouraging for a seller

Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    wow, that is not encouraging for a seller
    No it's not.
    Sadly most of the BG points contracts don't go for much resale.
    Hopefully that won't be the case with CMV UDI's.

Over yonder last week, a Bluegreen owner was giving away his 36,000 points, paying all transfer fees himself. There were also 22,000 points left on the current usage year (for which he'd already paid MF).

Not a good market for sellers.

If you can find a way to use it, do that.

Industry Representative ConsumerProtectionLawyer's Avatar
    Well the community gave pretty sound advice on this topic. Many of the posts touch on a dilemma that is best solved by networking with other timeshare owners, like here on Timeshare Forums. We advocate this approach for consumers who own timeshares to go where the timeshare owners are. There are a couple choices, but I know this Forum Community is a great place to at least start your search for a timeshare owner who may want those points (even if you have to pay a little). That is a clean and simple way to divest as I have consistently advocated for about 5 years now. We even blogged just last month as Consumer Protection Attorneys at TCPAA.org endorsing TimeshareForums.com and the community approach to timeshare owner empowerment in difficult areas such as selling a timeshare.

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    CPL:

Any other way to get rid of unwanted timeshares, after you have tried the resort(s), internet forums, craigslist, etc., offering them for free, for two years?

I remember back in the day, when forum veterans were reveling in their timeshares, there was a site called "The Timeshare Trap". We all pretty much dismissed it because it did not seem to apply to us. Now the Internet if full of it:

https://www.google.com/#q=the+timeshare+trap
    Last edited by JLB; 02-10-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    CPL:

Any other way to get rid of unwanted timeshares, after you have tried the resort(s), internet forums, craigslist, etc., offering them for free, for two years?

I remember back in the day, when forum veterans were reveling in their timeshares, there was a site called "The Timeshare Trap". We all pretty much dismissed it because it did not seem to apply to us. Now the Internet iS full of it:

https://www.google.com/#q=the+timeshare+trap
    CPL: Are you still here?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast