Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to unload a timeshare on CNNmoney.com

How to unload a timeshare on CNNmoney.com

These types of articles are becoming mainstream. Confirmation that the TS market is over saturated.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/23/pf/e...html?iid=HP_LN
    Flying at MACH4 +

I was going to post but saw that Brian from Tug did so I kept off the thread
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    So, there really is an Exit Strategy problem, huh?!

From the article:

. . . the amount you can legally deduct as a charitable donation is based on the property's "fair market value," which in saturated markets could be nothing at all.

You can also advertise your property for sale on sites like Craigslist or eBay for no or relatively low fees.

Vacation Rental By Owner (VRBO) is the best way to go, you'll never need a timeshare!

& those are the kind comments

Gosh, where have we heard that before?
    Last edited by JLB; 08-23-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I guess it goes without saying that when you read articles like this, you see what normal people think of timesharing . . . those who are not engulfed in the honeymoon/justification phase, something most owners go through.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by jlb View Post
    so, there really is an exit strategy problem, huh?!

From the article:

. . . The amount you can legally deduct as a charitable donation is based on the property's "fair market value," which in saturated markets could be nothing at all.

you can also advertise your property for sale on sites like craigslist or ebay for no or relatively low fees.

vacation rental by owner (vrbo) is the best way to go, you'll never need a timeshare!

& those are the kind comments

gosh, where have we heard that before?

haha

Quote Originally Posted by johnf0614 View Post
    haha
    hoho

Hi.
    I don't own holiday inn but I do own rci points.
    there are lots of (LINK REMOVED by moderator) nice vacation options open to rci points owners.
    In my opinion most of the good stuff like Hilton club in nyc or the bigger Disney units are more easily gotten innooints rather than weeks. Maybe due to less competition in points or just that rci deposits the better stuff to give points an edge over weeks owners for the developers sales sakes.
    I have always enjoyed my rci points. I think you will too.
    Last edited by chriskre; 03-30-2015 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Spam link removed

Quote Originally Posted by Sumer View Post
    Hi.
    I don't own holiday inn but I do own rci points.
    there are lots of (LINK REMOVED by moderator) nice vacation options open to rci points owners.
    In my opinion most of the good stuff like Hilton club in nyc or the bigger Disney units are more easily gotten innooints rather than weeks. Maybe due to less competition in points or just that rci deposits the better stuff to give points an edge over weeks owners for the developers sales sakes.
    I have always enjoyed my rci points. I think you will too.
    Let's see, 1 post, are you an RCI employee? Me thinks yes.

Industry Representative ConsumerProtectionLawyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billymach4 View Post
    These types of articles are becoming mainstream. Confirmation that the TS market is over saturated.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/23/pf/e...html?iid=HP_LN
    The advice from CNN is pretty good analysis of a tough predicament consumers face, but on eBay... thousands of timeshares haven't even sold for a dollar ($1.00). Perhaps a more Grass Roots approach may work better... if you wanted to sell a product, why not go where the owners (the product users) hang out!

TimeshareForums may have owners with a particular need that a certain timeshare may fulfill, this isn't always true but it's a safe & sound chance. And this is 100% consistent with FTC and Consumer Protectorate warnings to NOT pay Upfront Fees to sell a timeshare or cancel a timeshare contract, because it is Free! Here is what Consumer Protection Attorneys have long endorsed as a self-help method:

http://tcpaa.org/self-help-sales-inc...areforums-com/

the article is several years old as is this thread, but its a good reminder .. to sell a timeshare, just sell it like you would any real estate. It doesnt say its a problem, only that you will probably take a loss
    it says that there are scam artists out there eager to take your money; be careful of them and suggests that your resort may be able to recommend a broker.

Probably an over simplification but like any realestate thats difficult to sell its just a matter of price. Anything will sell if you price it right

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast