Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to unload a timeshare on CNNmoney.com

Of course it shouldnt be this way but Im not concerned with what was or what should be, only what is
    I pay someone to come by my house every week to pick up my trash, why not pay someone to pick up my old timeshares

There is no question that the lack of an "orderly exit strategy" is the biggest problem with timeshares today, but thats beginning to change. especially for the older independent properties , that have failed to keep themselves relevant. There is now a timeshare board members association where the exit strategy problem is the number one topic of discussion at every meeting

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Again, there's not a lot of difference any more in what is being said.

I, obviously, am concerned for what is, as are many others, because it will not change unless someone cares to encourage change.

Even Fine Kettle is creeping into the 20th Century, because someone cared. Maybe 21st Century some day.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Timeshares have not recovered from the great recession and may never get back to the resale values they had before. There has been some recovery, but slight. Another problem is the rising maintenance fees. Many are so high that it has made timesharing no longer cost effective. To survive, HOA boards have to keep costs in check and need to have deed back programs and a resale program to keep performing weeks at a high level. I'm not sure what a grizzled veteran is, but I'm still in the game and not planning to exit the timeshare world.

Banned
    I've been somewhat familiar with Silverleaf for 15 years or so, enough to know it is a Texas-based and oriented mini-system with a couple of resorts in the Branson area. When I was more active in timesharing, and Internet forums, I knew several Silverleaf owners. There's still some around on forums.

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_smith01 View Post
    I've been somewhat familiar with Silverleaf for 15 years or so, enough to know it is a Texas-based and oriented mini-system with a couple of resorts in the Branson area. When I was more active in timesharing, and Internet forums, I knew several Silverleaf owners. There's still some around on forums.
    Hi.

Welcome.

Me, too.

FWIW, if it matters, Silverleaf no longer exists.

It is now owned by Holiday Inn Club Vacations, with its headquarters at everyone-'s favorite resort, Orange Lake Country Club.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123