Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pono Kai 2 bdr Ocean front for $599

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Having minor interest in Kauai, I've followed this. Good endings are nice. One person got a week they want and another got an extra $1000 in their pocket every year.

I took a look at some Pono Kai policies, too, and I noticed it said that if they have put someone in your unit your week, they will place you in a comparable unit. So a fixed week owner could wind up in a unit other than theirs.
    That policy is pretty much true with every resort. In all my years owning and many rentals, I have only
    Had one person not get the unit I made the reservation for and that was due to unforeseen maintenance to the unit. All the units float and I think I have only stayed in a unit on one of my deeds
    Once.

When you call to make your reservation, you tell them what unit you want and it is put on the
    Confirmation. I call about 5 days before I get there to confirm the reservation and room assignment.
    It works great and I have never had a problem. The confirmation also says ocean front, ocean view or
    Garden view.

The other nice feature is being able to roll your week forward into the next year if you can't make it
    One year.
    Up coming trips
    May-Pono Kai Kauai, July-Jockey Club Las Vegas, October-Florida Palm Beach
    My Website

No, it's a float week 1-52. Any prospective buyer would have to verify with the resort about whether the unit also floats. The listing makes it seem like the unit is fixed but that is a good question [link removed]. All of the floats I have owned were not tied to a specific unit.

Quote Originally Posted by philsfan View Post
    No, it's a float week 1-52. Any prospective buyer would have to verify with the resort about whether the unit also floats. The listing makes it seem like the unit is fixed but that is a good question. All of the floats I have owned were not tied to a specific unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearline View Post
    No, it's a float week 1-52. Any prospective buyer would have to verify with the resort about whether the unit also floats. The listing makes it seem like the unit is fixed but that is a good question link removed]. All of the floats I have owned were not tied to a specific unit.

Wow, not a lot of effort went in to trying to post that spam link...
    Scott

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123