Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Been looking at Paris rentals...

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StressCadet View Post
    At least they were honest...it could have come as a total surprise once you arrived. I hope you find something. Paris sounds lovely.
    True! I think it's a benefit of online listings and the reviews that follow And really it seems like there are plenty of happy guests who don't mind.
    I have not been to Paris since I was on a youth hostel trip post-college graduation. Though I loved it then, this time I am looking forward to a different experience!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    Use PRICELINE!
    I was hoping for more space than a Euro hotel room, but I will look to see if I can pick the area I want. Can't hurt if we don't find something closer to the time, good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    True! I think it's a benefit of online listings and the reviews that follow And really it seems like there are plenty of happy guests who don't mind.
    I have not been to Paris since I was on a youth hostel trip post-college graduation. Though I loved it then, this time I am looking forward to a different experience!
    I'm going to get all side tracked..but isn't the way threads go....my daughter stayed in a hostel in Oregon last week. Of course my sister was with her...but she has the best stories and really, had the best experience. I can totally see her doing something like that in Paris...eventually.

I'm going to get all side tracked..but isn't the way threads go....my daughter stayed in a hostel in Oregon last week. Of course my sister was with her...but she has the best stories and really, had the best experience. I can totally see her doing something like that in Paris...eventually.
    I did a Europe tour that left from London, mostly hostels with a tent camp thrown in (Rome) and "hotels," word used very loosely. It was very inexpensive at the time, we traveled mostly by bus with some train. Experience of a lifetime, but we stayed at some "interesting" places. It will be an upgrade not to worry about someone stealing my passport/wallet by cutting through the bottom of my sleeping bag...

Did the email arrive?
    "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity." Adrian Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    I did a Europe tour that left from London, mostly hostels with a tent camp thrown in (Rome) and "hotels," word used very loosely. It was very inexpensive at the time, we traveled mostly by bus with some train. Experience of a lifetime, but we stayed at some "interesting" places. It will be an upgrade not to worry about someone stealing my passport/wallet by cutting through the bottom of my sleeping bag...

Yeah....I was worried about that kind of stuff with her too...but I think they key word is YOUTH hostel...her's ended up more like ELDER Hostel. Within 5 minutes of arriving, she was summoned to help an "elder" with the woman's newly purchased Ipad, which she didn't know how to operate, to help her upload a photo to her dating website profile. Oh the times, they are a changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pstreet1 View Post
    Did the email arrive?
    Hmmm not yet. But I am working with some wonky wifi. I will pm you my email address , thanks!

[/B]

Yeah....I was worried about that kind of stuff with her too...but I think they key word is YOUTH hostel...her's ended up more like ELDER Hostel. Within 5 minutes of arriving, she was summoned to help an "elder" with the woman's newly purchased Ipad, which she didn't know how to operate, to help her upload a photo to her dating website profile. Oh the times, they are a changing.
    That is priceless !

What a shame that apartment is in a building with no elevator cause it looks like a great place to stay.

Citadines seems to have a ton of options in Paris.
    You don't like those?

Paris
    Citadines Austerlitz Paris
    Citadines Bastille Gare de Lyon Paris
    Citadines Bastille Marais Paris
    Citadines La Défense Paris
    Citadines Montmartre Paris
    Citadines Montparnasse Paris
    Citadines Opéra-Grands Boulevards Paris
    Citadines Place d'Italie Paris
    Citadines Porte de Versailles Paris
    Citadines Prestige Les Halles Paris
    Citadines Prestige Opéra Vendôme Paris
    Citadines Prestige Saint-Germain-des-Prés Paris
    Citadines République Paris
    Citadines Suites Louvre Paris (Now Open!)
    Citadines Tour Eiffel Paris
    Citadines Trocadéro Paris
    Ascott Arc de Triomphe Paris (Reopening in 2H2014)

If you sign up on their website they will email you all sorts of discount offers.

Wow, those stairs are pretty scary for someone like me who recently developed a fear of heights after attempting to climb the Strasbourg Cathedral.
    Syd

Contributor - Bronze
    Have you tried www.rentparis.com? There used to be some good looking deals there, but I haven't checked it out lately.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast