Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 FF changes to be made

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    That makes it more interesting, This year it is going down to the wire since there are wild card and home field advantage still up in the air. Right now I am playing for 3rd place in my Yahoo league, I can win $50 there. My son is playing for the 1 or 2 spot, 2 gets $100 and 1 $450. Last week the person I was playing for the #2 spot was suppose to get about 110 points to my 140. I scored 148 but he got me bad with 216. You never know who to play or sit. I have Payton Manning who is supposed to give me 27 points this week. I am thinking of sitting him for Russel Wilson who is suppose to give me 20 points. Wilson has been on fire and the Sea hawks need the win more than the Broncos do. See what I mean you have to think things out to figure who is going all out and give you the points the last week.
    Using the last week in the season in a money league makes even less sense to me. If I have 4 players on the teams that have locked up the #1 seed in both conferences I am supposed to be happy about trying to win the top prize with my bench players?

I will look at the setting to see if the scoring can be done through CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by philsfan View Post
    Using the last week in the season in a money league makes even less sense to me. If I have 4 players on the teams that have locked up the #1 seed in both conferences I am supposed to be happy about trying to win the top prize with my bench players?
    It all plays with what FF is all about, You are managing your team to win
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Looking though the setting I learned 1 point per reception can be awarded to QB, WR, TE, RB, and K. I didn't see any settings for negative rushing yards.

I think if you are going to move to a PPR method you should not limit that to recievers, it should be all positions, even kickers. You never know what kind of trick plays teams will run.

I want to see negative yards treated as a negative. If a player has 100 yards receiving and -15 rushing, right now they still get 10 points. It should only be 8.5.

I agree.

We have negative in Yahoo there were some who had minus 10 on Def, One thing I like is having 2 players that is on D. So not only do you get points on Def but you get 2 more players that play D
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    We have negative in Yahoo there were some who had minus 10 on Def, One thing I like is having 2 players that is on D. So not only do you get points on Def but you get 2 more players that play D
    I also played in a league where the defense could score negative points. If you play a defense that gives up 600 total yards getting a zero is a gift. If a QB is a turnover machine, he can get a negative score, why not a truly bad defensive day?

If a RB loses yards or fumbles points are taken away. Last week Beanie Wells rushed for 3 yards and lost a fumble and finished with -1.7 points. Big Frank played him last week. I will look again to see if players lost rushing and receiving yards effect each other.

I think if you are going to move to a PPR method you should not limit that to recievers, it should be all positions, even kickers. You never know what kind of trick plays teams will run.

I want to see negative yards treated as a negative. If a player has 100 yards receiving and -15 rushing, right now they still get 10 points. It should only be 8.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty View Post
    If a RB loses yards or fumbles points are taken away. Last week Beanie Wells rushed for 3 yards and lost a fumble and finished with -1.7 points. Big Frank played him last week. I will look again to see if players lost rushing and receiving yards effect each other.
    Julio Jones last week

J. Jones WR-TE -7 RuYd, 71 ReYd, ReTD (16) = 13.1 instead of 12.4. You added PPR so it's now 20.1 but the math is the same. The negative yards are not included. The downside to correcting that is that QB's get punished for downing the ball in victory formation at the end of the game. That would be a crappy way to lose.

It can be done.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast