Today I sent the following email to the "management" let's see if I receive an answer.
Does the following exist for the Galway Bay Owners Association? If so please provide in a timely manner.
1) Constitution or other governing instrument
2) List of officers
3) Minutes of meetings (and when and where those meeting were held and if notification was sent to owners)
4) The number of owners by status (current, delinquent)
5) Contact info for all members of the association
6) Full balance sheet (not just the projected expenses for the coming years)
7) Listing of available weeks for sale and how those units are being marketed
8) Resort management contract 45K Euros...to whom is that paid?
9) Auto expenses of 1K Euro...I was unaware the cottages had a vehicle available...to whom is that paid?
In regard to the 2013 budget, do you have the previous years actual balance sheets by line item (maybe a tax filing for the Association)? The 90K Euros...is that a one time expense (Sewer, roofing etc since you are showing the total cost as 180K Euro) or is that expected to continue as yearly expenses?
After this huge maintenance fee payment to cover these additional expenses, will the fees return to more palatable rate?
Also, an accounting of all income sources besides the M/F, such as unit sales, rentals, interest income, late fees, including what happened to the monies from the sale of the 2 units that were listed for sale through Barna Estates LTD (and shown as sold).
I am unable to make a determination if I want return the unit to the Association, or pay the fees until these questions are addressed. To be frank, your accounting does not add up. Without a balance sheet, and documentation this huge increase in fees appears to be a tactic to have owners default and the Association take possession of the defaulted units.