Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NO Jazz Fest Question

Platinum Contributor

Question NO Jazz Fest Question

Does anyone know if they rent electric carts at the Jazz Fest? Not sure my wife can manage two days of walking around the Fest.

New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival // Info

It does not appear so. Only conventional wheelchairs on a first come first serve

Quote Originally Posted by riverdees05 View Post
    Does anyone know if they rent electric carts at the Jazz Fest? Not sure my wife can manage two days of walking around the Fest.
    There are companies that rent (and deliver) electric carts in NOLA for a pretty decent price. Don't know if that would be a good option for Jazz Fest, though. Most of the ground is grass, and the carts are pretty heavy. One good rain (which is often likely during Jazz Fest), and a cart would just get stuck in the earth.

A wheelchair is a much better option.

However, given that, if you are still set on renting a cart, try Scooter & wheelchair rentals for cruise, airline & convention travel

yeah and the crowds can get pretty bad too and may be hard to find enough slack space to take a wheel chair or electrical cart through.
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

yeah and the crowds can get pretty bad too and may be hard to find enough slack space to take a wheel chair or electrical cart through.
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Platinum Contributor
    Do they take credit cards or only cash at the Jazz Fest?

Mostly cash if you are talking food and drinks. some of the craft vendors do take credit card.. So bring cash and a bit of it beer is $5 for reg stuff and $6 for blue moon and $7 for daiquiri and $6-9 for wine.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryH View Post
    Just got back from JazzFest and had a great time. I want to make one thing clear though, when Mary says crowds, she means crowds! I had no idea that it was possible for an event to be so crowded. Crowds everywhere, and it was just a bunch of people packed together. It took over 30 minutes just to use the restrooms (not talking about the time it took inside the port-a-john ). I think it would be a nightmare for someone in a wheelchair.

Once you got back to your spot at the concert though, it wasn't too bad, but it was still very dense with people. I'd do it again for sure. I heard they're thinking about moving the event to the city park, for the extra space. That would be a welcome change.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
    I heard they're thinking about moving the event to the city park, for the extra space. That would be a welcome change.
    It would also be much easier to get to from the Quarter or Business District. Might cause problems: the shuttle service would probably no longer be profitable, and the parking/crowds in the French Quarter would be unbearable.

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
    Just got back from JazzFest and had a great time. I want to make one thing clear though, when Mary says crowds, she means crowds! I had no idea that it was possible for an event to be so crowded. Crowds everywhere, and it was just a bunch of people packed together. It took over 30 minutes just to use the restrooms (not talking about the time it took inside the port-a-john ). I think it would be a nightmare for someone in a wheelchair.

Once you got back to your spot at the concert though, it wasn't too bad, but it was still very dense with people. I'd do it again for sure. I heard they're thinking about moving the event to the city park, for the extra space. That would be a welcome change.
    I still don't know if I'm going tomorrow, but first weekend is usually less crowded than second. This year I'm sure that Bruce's appearance made first weekend a huge draw. I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for a porta loo. The two main stages do get very unpleasant for bigger acts - we usually try to sit around the outside near an exit, and don't bother trying to get close. The last few years have been very bad crowdwise as the Fest is attracting bigger mainstream stars. Forget about strolling over just in time to catch the headliners. The smaller stages and tents are great, and set JF apart, imo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast