Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NO Jazz Fest Question

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoc View Post
    I never knew anything about Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, but after seeing them at JazzFest, I am now a fan. Along with Sara Bareilles, who showed up on the Grace Potter Pandora Channel.
    Ditto. We saw Grace Potter twice - if you liked her at the Fest, you have GOT to see her in a smaller venue!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Ditto. We saw Grace Potter twice - if you liked her at the Fest, you have GOT to see her in a smaller venue!
    LOL - the same day you post this, I just noticed that Grace Potter is coming to my town to play in a small venue in early June. However, I wasn't a big fan of the replays I saw of GP, so now I'm wondering if I should go back and rewatch...

Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
    LOL - the same day you post this, I just noticed that Grace Potter is coming to my town to play in a small venue in early June. However, I wasn't a big fan of the replays I saw of GP, so now I'm wondering if I should go back and rewatch...
    You are lucky, most of her tour is as a warm-up at big venues. Check these - still not as good as live. The Paris video with the most hits has dancing girls that don't accompany her on tour:

HEAR ?NEVER GO BACK? - ENTER GRACEPOTTER.COM

You are lucky, most of her tour is as a warm-up at big venues. Check these - still not as good as live. The Paris video with the most hits has dancing girls that don't accompany her on tour:

HEAR ?NEVER GO BACK? - ENTER GRACEPOTTER.COM
    Very nice voice! Tickets are going for $25... not sure I'll make it. Just thought it was odd that I noticed that she was coming and then I saw your post. Maybe it is meant for me to be there!

Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
    Very nice voice! Tickets are going for $25... not sure I'll make it. Just thought it was odd that I noticed that she was coming and then I saw your post. Maybe it is meant for me to be there!
    The link doesn't link right -- go to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and click on "video." There are a few really good videos. "Paris" is one of their bigger hits.

The link doesn't link right -- go to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals and click on "video." There are a few really good videos. "Paris" is one of their bigger hits.
    Saw them. After I clicked your link, I had to click 'ENTER' and it took me to her home page. She's got a great voice. What I've come to appreciate is the the jazz music. I have a new appreciation for jazz.

Maybe what they should do is start small.. Increase first weekend to 4 days too.. If there are enough demand, maybe think about linking the 2 weekends... The facilities are already there..

The Montreal International Jazz Festival is 11 days with a lot of free concert and some paid concerts..
    http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/default-en.aspx
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Quote Originally Posted by MaryH View Post
    Maybe what they should do is start small.. Increase first weekend to 4 days too.. If there are enough demand, maybe think about linking the 2 weekends... The facilities are already there..

The Montreal International Jazz Festival is 11 days with a lot of free concert and some paid concerts..
    Home - Festival International de Jazz de Montréal
    That looks like a true Jazz Festival; probably more civilized! The only artist I recognize is Johnny Clegg - love him, though I wouldn't think of him as Jazz either.

They had Stevie Wonder for the headliner about 3 years ago at a free concert. It was packed and fortunatley I was staying at the Hyatt overlooking the place de Art where it is held so was able to get myself and some friends there after dinner.

It has become a little mixed but the free concerts are often great and runs for week and half so you can catch something.
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345