Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NO Jazz Fest Question

Before I forget to post this. before you head to the airport toe go home be sure to stop and get a Muffuletta to eat on the plane. I love having everyone drool watching me eat that.
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    Before I forget to post this. before you head to the airport toe go home be sure to stop and get a Muffuletta to eat on the plane. I love having everyone drool watching me eat that.
    Now you tell me about a Muffuletta! After I leave New Orleans.

My curiousity got the best of me, and I had to look it up... kind of reminds me of sandwiches at Schlotzkys, which is a franchise that we have here in Missouri.

Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe, New Orleans Muffuletta Sandwich, How To Make A Muffuletta Sandwich, Muff Sandwich, Sandwich Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post

My curiousity got the best of me, and I had to look it up... kind of reminds me of sandwiches at Schlotzkys, which is a franchise that we have here in Missouri.

Muffuletta Sandwich Recipe, New Orleans Muffuletta Sandwich, How To Make A Muffuletta Sandwich, Muff Sandwich, Sandwich Recipes
    I make them at home and they are just as good but I use Franks Deli Olive salad which you can buy on line. I will see if I can find the link for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post

I make them at home and they are just as good but I use Franks Deli Olive salad which you can buy on line. I will see if I can find the link for you.
    I had some trouble clicking threw the links with IE. You may want to use Google chrome or firefox

FRANK'S RESTAURANT NEW ORLEANS
    FRANK'S RESTAURANT MERCHANDISE
    FRANK'S RESTAURANT MENU

Note that Grocery apparently is now closed on Sunday and monday for some reason. I went there trying to grab a Muffuletta on Monday and they were dark.. I batted 0 for 7 in terms of restaurants with 5 closed and johnnys poboy and Maspero cafe have long lines.

Did the Muffuletta at the Jazz Fest I went to about 3 years ago and ate half on the flight to orlando for a confernce and my italian friend was very happy to get the other half.

I had grabbed 6 nights at the Sheraton on points about a week or so out. I really should not have leave to go to JazzFest since I could not get reasonable flights close to jazzfest date but went by flying there early and leaving a day later and worked from the Hotel on friday, Monday and part of Tuesday to make it possible... Having had to dump carmel / highlands Inn did not want to take another one off the table. I was running too late working before heading to the airport so grabbed some fried chicken at airport.

lol did get stranded overnight in EWR... my last leg left EWR but was turn back within waving distance of home due to fog. But on the plus side manage dinner with friends not far from EWR that I had not seen for 2+ years no.
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Quote Originally Posted by MaryH View Post
    Note that Grocery apparently is now closed on Sunday and monday for some reason. I went there trying to grab a Muffuletta on Monday and they were dark.. I batted 0 for 7 in terms of restaurants with 5 closed and johnnys poboy having a huge line and another one near the french market that is good with a line out the door too.

I have had the same prroblem you can get them at the Napoleon house, They were open and so was the place across the street

I have had the same prroblem you can get them at the Napoleon house, They were open and so was the place across the street
    I like the ones at Napoleon House, because they are warm. Even better for me for the plane would be a Ralph's Special from Mother's, but the juice tends to soak into the bread and make it soggy over time. So, a cold Muffaletta is probably a better bet for traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoc View Post
    I like the ones at Napoleon House, because they are warm. Even better for me for the plane would be a Ralph's Special from Mother's, but the juice tends to soak into the bread and make it soggy over time. So, a cold Muffaletta is probably a better bet for traveling.
    I also do the red beans and rice from Cafe Masepero.

I also do the red beans and rice from Cafe Masepero.
    Many years ago, I went to my second Mardi Gras with my mom and a few others. She left on the train (was going to Mississippi to take an RV trip afterwards), and I gave her some Red Beans and Rice from Cafe Maspero to eat on the train trip. She loved it.

at 2pm on Monday there were about a dozen people in line at cafe Maspero waiting for a seat.
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast