Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NO Jazz Fest Question

Speaking of the crowds, this link will give you a feel for JazzFest... that's what it's like everywhere, both inside and outside the concert stages. If you don't enjoy Christmas shopping in December, you might not like JazzFest!

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
    Speaking of the crowds, this link will give you a feel for JazzFest... that's what it's like everywhere, both inside and outside the concert stages. If you don't enjoy Christmas shopping in December, you might not like JazzFest!

That is as bad as it ever gets there. We usually head over to Acura stage in the morning and set up chairs along the outside ring, near an exit so we can use the outside ring to walk to other places and avoid fighting the SRO crowds. Usually pretty civilized. I am sure Bruce drew more crowds than ever, and not nearly as chill as the old hippies like me I'm not sorry to have missed it...

Last year crowds and heat were so bad on second Sunday that we decided not to stay. Not sure if we'll stay for the Eagles on Saturday night - we have a reservation at Emeril's...

Platinum Contributor
    Sounds like it will be in the high 80s this weekend. Do they allow you to take water and snacks into the Fest? I had heard some of the food lines were really long at times

Quote Originally Posted by riverdees05 View Post
    Sounds like it will be in the high 80s this weekend. Do they allow you to take water and snacks into the Fest? I had heard some of the food lines were really long at times
    Here's a link to what they allow... have a great time!

http://www.nojazzfest.com/info/prohibitions.pdf

There are wheelchair accessible portapottys but logistically might be a little challenging since they are locked and you are suppose to get the key from someone.

I had a small bag of dried fruits to prevent low blood sugar and some bottled water and the guard look and me and let me pass. I had an almost finished vitamin water and he let it go or I would have had to chug it.

lol I was intending to go for the food anyway ... and lots of it. the lines were not bad when it first open and till maybe 3pm or so but later can be longer lines.

No hard liquor at the Jazz Fest. Beer, wine and frozen margaritas. Obviously someone sneaked something in since I saw someone with a fifth of something and another with a 750ml of vodka.

Had a lot of fun but have to admit that I slightly prefer the Montreal International Jazz Festival since they have lots of free outdoor concert (Stevie Wonder in 2009 was the last one I went to) and some paid indoor concert. But on the food department nojazzfest kicked montreal jazz Fest's ass. Montreal sales the concession for so much money that the ones that buys them tend to sell the cheap crap to make maximum money... only about 2 stands I would eat at.. the crepe and one that serve okay food. oh plus a tent in a good location that does wine and cheese. One can try and get a good spot on a couple of restaurant patios on the square but then people in line for tables stare daggers at you if you linger too long.
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Dickie Brennan's steakhouse and Bourbon Orleans, etc. have a good happy hour 5-7 where you can get some nice appetizers for $5 and some cocktails for $5.. Had 4 plump tiger shrimp in tampuru batter, some crab purses, beef skewers and the bread pudding
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

I kept my water bottle after i finished it and sometime refill it at the water fountain.

If you are looking for sandwich's then what I would do is. Grab a muffuletta at the grocery or by Franks Deli http://www.gumbopages.com/food/samwiches/muff.html. Then pick up a large contrary of red beans and rice from http://www.cafemaspero.com/. I would also grab a few Po Boys from http://johnnyspoboys.com/. You can also get most if the same from here http://www.napoleonhouse.com/menu3.html
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    If you are looking for sandwich's then what I would do is. Grab a Muffalatta at the grocery or by Franks Deli. Then pick up a large contrary of red beans and rice from Café Macastro something. I would also grab a few Po Boys from New Orleans Finest PoBoys, Johnny’s, Established 1950 in the French Quarter. I will edit my post soon to add the 3 links soon.
    There is GREAT food at Jazzfest, as Mary said. Local specialities done right - the PoBoys are amazing and I am craving the Crawfish Monica. Prices reasonable. Currently on plane, I can't believe I made it out with all the fires that needed putting out at home and work. Going to try to throw our bags at the front desk and make it to the fairgrounds in time for Florence and the Machine.

Platinum Contributor
    We leave tomorrow morning, only 1 1/2 hour flight from Nashville. Get in around 9:40am and plan to make the Fest after dropping the bags off at the condo. Our daughter comes in St. Louis via Dallas Love Field and gets in around the same time, but leaves 2 hours earlier.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast