Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone still rent Wyndham points for $5 per 1,000?

A note for ronparise. There's no way for anyone to contact you as you have selected not to receive emails or PMs from other members. Could make selling points pretty difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    A note for ronparise. There's no way for anyone to contact you as you have selected not to receive emails or PMs from other members. Could make selling points pretty difficult.
    Thanks for the heads up, I just changed the settings....But Ive already received one request...I must not be that hard to find

What path is taken to rent out point reservations? I can reserve a unit for someone, but how do I make sure I get paid? Can they transfer funds into m credit union account?

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RESORT2ME View Post
    What path is taken to rent out point reservations? I can reserve a unit for someone, but how do I make sure I get paid? Can they transfer funds into m credit union account?

Robert, many people use PayPal to pay.

I do several rentals a year, never last minute,
    I send the renter proof I have the Resie. my preference is to get a personal check from the renter and once it clears, I add their name to the Resie.

People who do LOTS of rental each year, have a different system.

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    I have several hundred thousand points that I will have to dump into RCI if I cant rent them. Ill make a reservation for you at $3/1000 points plus $99 for the guest confirmation

Reservations for next year at $5/1000 plus $99
    Thanks for the heads up, I just changed the settings....But Ive already received one request...I must not be that hard to find
    Good to know Ron....but I thought VIP do not pay for guest cert?

Gold and Platinum VIP accounts don't pay HK or transaction fees. They get an allotment of guest certs depending on how many VIP eligible points they own. If they do a fair amount of short stay rentals, most run out.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyHoover View Post
    Gold and Platinum VIP accounts don't pay HK or transaction fees. They get an allotment of guest certs depending on how many VIP eligible points they own. If they do a fair amount of short stay rentals, most run out.
    Ah, that could explain it. Thx.

Trust me it was hard to figure out even for a few of us.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyHoover View Post
    guest certs are not free, As Sally said I get an allocation each year with my platinum account, and I pay for them with my maintenance fees...and they are gone by March

Quote Originally Posted by RESORT2ME View Post
    I use paypal to generate an invoice and its a simple matter for my customer to pay me with paypal, , but I have also had folks make deposits direct to my account at Bank of America. Ive taken personal checks, and even a Western Union wire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12