Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donita's Email was hijacked,

Industry Representative

e-mail hijacked

Thank you Spence

I am getting e-mail since late afternoon yesterday the rest were stolen along with my address book.

I just got another form only it is for SBC Global and it the same that caught me. This one has an e-mail address and I plan on giving it to the FBI. Something has to be done. I would hate anyone to send money.

Take care

Donita

A friends account was hacked and it seemed that they targetted his email from a LinkedIn page where he had his personal email and work title.

This one said he was in Barcelona when his money, CC and passports were stolen. He had been in Barcelona before and my brother in law did have his wallet stolen when he was in Barcelona a couple of summers ago. Fortunately he was traveling with my sister and their kids and his brother and his family so they were not totally stranded.

I know my sister got into some issues on a previous trip when they flagged her CC due to the travel since she forgot to notify them she was going on vacation so only had 1 CC that soon hit its limit with hotel charges and they were hitting ATMS a lot to take out cash for restaurants, etc.

The replied to for that phishing email was similar to his personal email but @ymail.com rather than @gmail.com.

when he recovered his account a few weeks later from gmail, his address book was gone and no record of who was send the phishing email.
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Quote Originally Posted by flexible View Post
    My hotmail and facebook accounts were hacked when I accessed them from a Best Western in Obregon, Mexico (on the hotel strip there) in April 2011. When I reached Scottsdale the next evening and used a resort computer in their lobby while I was checking in I realized I could NOT sign into either hotmail or facebook. And those were the ONLY two websites I had checked the night before.

My netbook had updated Norton 360. In my case, I suspect someone at the Best Western got into computers using the UNSECURED WiFi. I could be wrong about how it happened though..
    It's more likely that someone had installed a keystroke logging program on the resort computer.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Industry Representative

Donita

Thank you all for your concern, I know it is something that is happening to many people. I always am so careful, I will be even more so now.

Take care

Donita

What, that was a fake??? Great, how do I get my $1000 back now? Does TS4Ms have a reimbursement fund?

only kidding... if you couldn't tell.

Industry Representative

Donita e-mail hi-jacked

Ace

I just hope no one fell for it. There is so much of this going on. Anyone who knows we would not bite as they know I do not vacation. But I sure love to send timeshare owners on vacations.

Take care

Donita

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12