Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jazzfest 2012 Lineup announced

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
    Thanks for the link! I noticed John Mayer dropped out. I was looking forward to seeing him and Springsteen on the same day.
    Yes, he canceled his whole tour a few weeks ago, I believe. Maybe that's why Cee Lo Green got added, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2000 View Post
    Thanks for the link! I noticed John Mayer dropped out. I was looking forward to seeing him and Springsteen on the same day.
    I saw John Mayer at a steel plant (of all places) here in Chicago several years ago after his first album came out, and it was a great show. Too bad he dropped out.

Platinum Contributor
    Thanks for the note on the schedule. Do you take the bus, Jazz Fest Express or cab to the Fest? And if so, are there any tricks on going and coming? There are three of us and we are staying at Wyndham Avenue Plaza, what would you recommend?

Was Feist originally scheduled for Sat of 1st weekend or added more recently?
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

If yiou were ever a Led Zeppeln fan Zebra is playing there. If you close your eyes when there playing you would bet that your hearing the real Led Zep. I have been following this band since I was 16 and have seen them over 100 times. Randy Jackson is the lead singer and guitar, He even looks like Robert Plant.
    BTW if you ever went to the Long Island clubs like Speaks, you have seen them.

I was sitting first row on the left in front of the Speaker with my wife and son at this concert. It took a week to get our hearing back.
    At Patchouge theater

[uhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XzUoGV74Url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hMe66IDT-E&feature=related]Zebra 4/11/09 encore! kashmir - YouTube[/url]
    At BB Kings and I most likely was there since I have seen them there at least 12 times there.

One of my favs over the hills and far away

Zebra - Stairway To Heaven - Live 1980 - YouTube

At Westbury last week OMG I missed a great one they sounded great here

Here is some of there own music

Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

So you going down Big Frank?
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Quote Originally Posted by MaryH View Post
    So you going down Big Frank?
    No I get to see them here, They play about 3-5 concerts here in NY as a band but Randy Jackson plays many of the local bars every week doing an acoustic show.
    Check this out do you like Bowie if so your in for a treat.

Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverdees05 View Post
    Thanks for the note on the schedule. Do you take the bus, Jazz Fest Express or cab to the Fest? And if so, are there any tricks on going and coming? There are three of us and we are staying at Wyndham Avenue Plaza, what would you recommend?
    I'm sorry, I missed this earlier. I'm not sure which would work best from your location, we usually take a shuttle that leaves from Canal street. Sending you a PM.

I'm getting pumped up for JazzFest!

LOL - What do you do when there's two or three concerts that you want to see, happening at the same time??? Never had that problem before.

I go often to the Montreal International Jazz Festival and often have that problem

Last time I went to Jazz Fest, I tend to go for the big name one first if I have 2-3 I want to see. since you can ditch the big one and catch the end of a smaller one but you will not get close to the big ones if you are not there earlish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast