Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shell Vacation Club

Unhappy Some updates

Yes, online services remain to be a problem. I was unable to get in for almost 4 hours today. When I finally did, the resort I wanted to search for availablity on is not available online! DOH!

So add this to the list of my annoyances of the recent change to II. Now I am being told that II is the "exclusive" exchange company, and that I can not book a week with points and give it to another exchange company. This was not previously the case, as I gave a week to SFX and wanted to give one to DAE this time.

I can not get rid of my points quickly enough and any value they previously had to me are non-existant now. Surely they can be of value to someone else?

That's not been our experience, with RCI OR I.I. We recently booked a week in Arizona and immediately banked it with SFX, and we have a large time window in which to use it.

We've enjoyed the Shell resorts, but have found that our best 'bang for the buck' is generally to "leverage" through SFX or other exchange companies (we're particularly fond of SFX).

At one time I spotted a response from a Shell rep - at least that's how he was represented. Does anyone know what happened to him? Among the annoyances with SVC is their lack of participation in timeshare discussion boards, such as this or TUG. Sure, I know we can call their "Shell10" desk, but it's a chore and primarily useful for reservations. We CAN do a "contact us" question through their website, they answer in a couple of days but often incompletely. Their website, in general, is pretty poor compared to the good ones.

----------Zach[/U][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Picker57 View Post
    That's not been our experience, with RCI OR I.I. We recently booked a week in Arizona and immediately banked it with SFX, and we have a large time window in which to use it.
    Are you still able to book Shell weeks and bank with SFX?

Yes, this is still possible and in my opnion a good way to use Shell. Prior to selling my contracts for this year I was able to book several weeks and gave all of them to SFX. A few weeks at Peacock Suites, and a week at Lawaii Beach.

Just noticed that Shell gives Gold II membership. It's a pretty nice feature because II weeks are available to rent on the cheap.
    For Example a full week at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I
    Check in 12/16/2013
    Studio $232.00
    One bedroom $422.00
    Two bedroom $482.00

In contrast, I could use my shell points to book that 2 bedroom. It would cost me all my points w/MFs about $700. + the exchange fee implemented by II. Pretty amazing that I could get the week for 1/2 price by not using my points, lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123