Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shell Vacation Club

Shell Vacation Club

Just wondering if there were any other SVC members out there?

Would definately be interested in meeting others who are in this club as I am hopefully going to be visiting a couple more of their resorts soon.

SVC Member Here...

We are interested to know about your experiences. We were a little disheartened to hear that they were going to end the RCI and switch to Interval International. What do you think?

I have mixed feelings, as I was never really able to take full advantage of it. There were times where it was better overall compared to my BG points packages. I am looking forward to seeing how they implement the II stuff and will be able to better judge then. If you only have one exchange company though I can see this being to your disadvantage. However the ability to compare rates across companies was also an advantage. It really is to soon and to hard to tell how this will impact things.

Quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    We are interested to know about your experiences. We were a little disheartened to hear that they were going to end the RCI and switch to Interval International. What do you think?

I am a recent SVC points member since June this year. We have stayed once at Carriage hills in Ontario. It was nice and close to home.

Regards

Moe

Update on switch from RCI to Interval

So, I just got some more recent information and a little dissapointed in some of the changes. Although the point values have stayed the same based on days of the week, I think the overall value has decreased.

The biggest change made was to the last minute stays. Previously called "Instant Exchange" it used 700 points and would allow you to stay in ANY SIZE accomodation. This was for any week booked within 30 days.

The new system "FlexChange" with II is less than 59 days, the point values are 50% of normal but still based on size. So no instead of being able to get a 2 bedroom last minute for $360 it will be closer to $750. Having checked some of the getaways, it is better to pay OOP then to use points.

Nightly stays are also going to be more expensive, and more difficult to obtain. Flat exhange rate of $119 (instead of sliding scale based on nights) so anywhere from $30 to $70 more.

All I can say that is good about this is at least it gives me some more options!

Also note that the number of points depends on the TDI so 2 bdrms will range from 3000-4500 (1500-2250 for flex)

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Why does it seem that any "enhancement" lately is not in the consumers favor?

The only ehancement I see is some different resorts the previously available.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    Why does it seem that any "enhancement" lately is not in the consumers favor?

nice one. click here.

New SVC member here. I discovered this forum trying to locate info on how to convert remaining RCI points before the deadline December 31, 2011. We received an email to request the extension of the RCI points through December 31, 2012. SVC advised the email was an error. . . . such a bummer! Can't they be converted into gift cards or dining cards like SVC points?

I'm very discouraged by the exchange fees of Interval International in our member kit recently received. Our work schedules only allow for short 2 to 3 day stays. Paying $119 exchange fee for a 1 night stay is insane. I've posted elsewhere that the only way our timeshare investment is economical for us is to book with SVC resorts only from Sunday-Thursday during low demand. Otherwise it's cheaper to simply book with the resorts and eliminate the exchange fees. Nice to know there is a timeshare forum to vent sometimes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast