FatWallet Coupons and Deals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to sell my bluegreen timeshare?

Best way to sell my bluegreen timeshare?

We would like to sell our Big Cedar Wilderness Club timeshare and would like any help from someone who has successfully sold theirs. Do we pay 600 upfront to sellmytimesharenow.com? Do we pay Pinnacle 39$ upfront and then a commission if it sells? Do we use TUG? Any help? We want to sell 13,000 annual points for around 7, 000. Our points load in August all fees are paid up until then. Thanks for the advice!

I'll say this much

Pinnacle is legit, and Big Cedar points used to always sell at a bit of a premium there back when I followed sales.

Most people strongly advise against any sizable upfront payment. $39 wouldn't bother me; $600 would.

Anita

Pinnacle

I just popped onto the Pinnacle website because I haven't looked in years. Wow, there are a lot of sadly misinformed people out there! I saw lots and lost of ads for $2 or $3 a point, and one even was over $6 a point! (I'm hoping it was a typo; 3000 points for $18+K.)

Insane.

Clearly, Pinnacle will list at any asking price but that has no bearing whatsoever on what it will sell for.

If you know what unit and week you have at Big Cedar, you might tempt someone who is interested in the underlying week. 13,000 pts sounds like a red season cabin to me. If it is a good week, that might be of interest to someone who would want to exercise the right to book that unit at the 12 month mark.

Good luck.

Anita

Smile Selling Timeshares

I agree with Anita, do not pay large up front costs to sell. There are a number of places to have you sell advertised, including Pinnacle. Pinnacle commission will be approximately $2000.00. Speak with them and they will give you good advice on selling your timeshare. Qualified points are selling at $1.25 or $1.30 per point. Unqualified points are going from nothing to what ever the market will bear. You might also message bocabum99 (Jim) on this forum, he is also in the resale business and his advice could be very valuable.

Best wishes on you getting to sale.

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by missrosehenry View Post
    We would like to sell our Big Cedar Wilderness Club timeshare and would like any help from someone who has successfully sold theirs. Do we pay 600 upfront to sellmytimesharenow.com? Do we pay Pinnacle 39$ upfront and then a commission if it sells? Do we use TUG? Any help? We want to sell 13,000 annual points for around $7,000. Our points load in August all fees are paid up until then. Thanks for the advice!
    Hi MissRose and Welcome to TS4Ms

As Anita said, there could be some interest because of the underlying week - the owner can reserve it at 12 months that could be valuable if one wanted a guarenteed reservation.

However, your "premium/bought from Bluegreen" benefits do not transfer with this sale making it much less valuable to the new owner.

People are giving these ownerships away....on many resale sites, 14,000 points go for $700 - no where near $7,000.

I just found your other post from Sept 2010

Hi there,

I was referred to this group by the owner who we are purchasing from. The details are: we have completed the purchase of 13000 points by way of resale and used PCS title. The paperwork is now, as I understand, being sent to bluegreen for completion. The owner said we would have bonus time at Big Cedar because we are deeded there. Now I am thinking this isn't true? We need bonus time for sure! Can you clarify?
    Quote Originally Posted by BocaBum99 View Post
    If you are deeded at Big Cedar, you will have bonus time there. You can tell since the online system will allow you to book it there.
    MissRose, it seems you just purchased this ownership back in September, maybe there is a way for us to help you learn how to use your ownership?

There are many happy Bluegreen owners here.

Pinnacle might be the way to go

Thank you for the replies. It sounds like Pinnacle might be the way to go. Wow, 2,000 dollars commission for a 7,000 sale sounds like alot of commission. I am wondering too about qualified vs. non-qualified. I am thinking that because we bought from an owner directly we may not have qualified points? We do have bonus time there and we can book 12 months in advance so I am a bit confused.

Thank you for the replies. It sounds like Pinnacle might be the way to go. Wow, 2,000 dollars commission for a 7,000 sale sounds like alot of commission. I am wondering too about qualified vs. non-qualified. I am thinking that because we bought from an owner directly we may not have qualified points? We do have bonus time there and we can book 12 months in advance so I am a bit confused.
    Yes, you do not have qualified points so you only have bonus time at Big Cedar.
    Good luck with your sale.

Wow, 2,000 dollars commission for a 7,000 sale sounds like a lot of commission.
    If Pinnacle can sell your points for $7,000 in today's market, a $2,000 commission should be considered a bargain. Go on eBay to see what 13,000 points are selling for. This really is a bad time to sell since some folks who are on the edge of bankruptcy are selling for nothing since they can no longer afford to vacation. This will turn around in a few years though.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crwisconsin View Post
    If Pinnacle can sell your points for $7,000 in today's market, a $2,000 commission should be considered a bargain. Go on eBay to see what 13,000 points are selling for. This really is a bad time to sell since some folks who are on the edge of bankruptcy are selling for nothing since they can no longer afford to vacation. This will turn around in a few years though.

Charles
    Charles, I post basically the same thing you said here above, and OP chose to ignore that post of 7,000 points being worth at the most $700.00 and instead focused on the $2,000 fee.

I also hope it all turns around as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast