Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rci

T/S Video on YouTube

RCI Last Call and EXTRA Vacations

Demonstration for Timeshare Owners

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    You forgot to mention that RCI (aka Rent Condominiums Incessantly) really SUCKS !!!
    Tony, Tony.

Why are you so mad at RCI.

Are you ever gonna make peace with RCI?

They are not that bad, just use them like they use us.

No way, done with them. They are nothing more than another scam in the timeshare circus.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    No way, done with them. They are nothing more than another scam in the timeshare circus.
    Just curious - which trade groups do you use? In your opinion, have you had better luck and service with any particular group?

New RCI Weeks Trading Power Searches 2011

On Line Searches

How to search online

Go to Website:

Enter: User Name and Password

From your Home page

Select: Search For A Vacation

Select: Search for Exchange Opportunities

Select: Keywood

Enter a Keyword in the box

Example: ORLANDO

Click: Search

Shows Search Results and Exchanges
    Available in the area you requested

Along the Left side of page you will see

Filter By

Look down towards the bottom

Select: Exchange Trading Power

Select: Number of Points

Example: 1-10

Your Results

All ORLANDO Timeshares in
    Weeks TPV of 1-10 points

Guest Certificates and Guest Passes

http://app.rci.com/landing/guestcertificates/index.html

RCI Deposit Tips!

Deposit Trading Power

Varies based on when you deposit! Depositing from 2 years to 9 months in advance will maximize your Deposit Trading Power. In addition, upon depositing, you can take advantage of searching and exchanging your week for another vacation. You don't need to know where or when you want to travel as long as you're not planning to return to your home resort on your next vacation. Best of all, depositing is FREE! It's important to keep your maintenance fees current. Note that these fees may need to be paid to your home resort before you can deposit with RCI.

Source: RCI

Quote Originally Posted by longtimer View Post
    Just curious - which trade groups do you use? In your opinion, have you had better luck and service with any particular group?
    I am not Tony, but I agree completely with him that since Cendant (now Wyndham) bought control of RCI, they have ruined what once was far and away the best exchange company out there. The biggest single thing they did to screw their members was to start a massive rental program, renting out members exchange deposits to the general public. That damages timesharing in a whole host of ways.

As to alternatives, here are some of them:

SFX www.sfx-resorts.com

DAE www.daelive.com

HTSE www.htse.net

TPI www.tradingplaces.com

PI www.platinuminterchange.com

UKRE www.ukre.co.uk

Personally, I do my timeshare exchanges through SFX, DAE, and UKRE. I do use RCI for their cheap rentals, but would not trust them anymore with an exchange deposit.

All of the above are independent exchange companies and your resort does NOT have to affiliate with them for you to use them. Some restrict what they take, like SFX which is generally limited to Gold Crown or equivalent resorts in high season, and UKRE which is limited to resorts in the UK.

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolinian View Post
    The biggest single thing they did to screw their members was to start a massive rental program, renting out members exchange deposits to the general public.

&, as is covered in another current discussion, sometimes weeks that don't require deposits (let's just call them rentals), are priced lower than an exchange fee, devaluing timeshare ownership.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Marti View Post

Deposit Trading Power

Varies based on when you deposit! Depositing from 2 years to 9 months in advance will maximize your Deposit Trading Power. In addition, upon depositing, you can take advantage of searching and exchanging your week for another vacation. You don't need to know where or when you want to travel as long as you're not planning to return to your home resort on your next vacation. Best of all, depositing is FREE! It's important to keep your maintenance fees current. Note that these fees may need to be paid to your home resort before you can deposit with RCI.

Source: RCI
    Prior to the Classaction Setllement, the emphasis was on depositing two years out. Not so much any more, since deposits made within one year of Use Date can be treated differently than ones further out. They can be offered as rental immediately if I recall the Legitimizing Of Rentals Agreement.

Not that it matters any more, cuz some just consider it an OF Whining, but for most of our 120 exchanges, I would be looking for two years from the exchange we were on, and never, ever, except for switches, booked an exchange less than about 16 months out.

Of course, now that there is a faux points Weeks system, we can't get what we used to with the same deposits unless they are available less than a month out.

So, one thing is being said, but all incentives are to do the opposite. Deposit 9 months out and last minute exchanges. There are exceptions for the annointed ones, by our poll here shows this to be true for about 50% of subscribers.
    Last edited by JLB; 10-20-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Marti sounds like you like the RCI system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast