PDA

View Full Version : Great deal on Torii Mor “Deux Verres” Reserve Pinot 2006 at wine.woot

T. R. Oglodyte
09-14-2009, 01:20 PM
2 bottles for $45.

We were at Torii Mor the Sunday before Labor Day with DD and SIL - they love Torii Mor wines. Torii Mor makes great Pinots.

This one was on the flight we sampled. I told DW it was outstanding, but at $45 per bottle it was about twice out absolute upper max for a bottle of wine.

At two bottles for $49 - well I just popped for four.

The best price you will get from the winery for this is about $40 per bottle if you buy a case and are also a member of the wine club. A few stores might sell it for $40 per bottle.

If you like good Pinots, this might be a good opportunity.

bigfrank
09-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Ok I am in for 2

T. R. Oglodyte
09-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Ok I am in for 2

The wine experts comments on this one generally are that it should be best 2009-2012, peaking later. Wine.woot is suggesting drink one now and save the other bottle for a few years.

bigfrank
09-14-2009, 01:57 PM
I will most likely save them for a few years

T. R. Oglodyte
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
There's a very nice discussion of this wine in the blog at winewoot.com. The winemaker himself chimes in with a lot of technical information.

There's also one other person who sampled it in the tasting room and loved it as well.

T. R. Oglodyte
10-21-2010, 03:40 AM
I will most likely save them for a few years
Did you have any of these yet, Frank, or are you still laying them down?

I have one bottle of the 2006 left, and four bottles of 2007. Torii Mor Pinot is a favorite in my family.

DD is hosting Thanksgiving this year at her place in the SF Bay area, and I will be bringing a couple of bottles of Torii Mor with me for that. Then Christmas./New Years will be at our place. Between those two occasions I'm pretty sure I will be out of Torii Mor.

bigfrank
10-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Did you have any of these yet, Frank, or are you still laying them down?

I have one bottle of the 2006 left, and four bottles of 2007. Torii Mor Pinot is a favorite in my family.

DD is hosting Thanksgiving this year at her place in the SF Bay area, and I will be bringing a couple of bottles of Torii Mor with me for that. Then Christmas./New Years will be at our place. Between those two occasions I'm pretty sure I will be out of Torii Mor.

i will not open it for about 2-3 more years. Any good wines I want to let the wines sit so they will be at least 6 years old. When I un cork it I want the cork to be on the darker side of red. If it is to light it is to young

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back