PDA

View Full Version : For all of us Brunello lovers

Linda74
04-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Looking forward to visiting Montalcino for some Brunello tours and tasting in early May. This was posted on Trip Adviser this morning...say it ain't so:(

It would appear that some of the big names in this area have been naughty regarding what they are selling as Brunello di Montalcino.

It should be from a monovitigno (one grape) Sangiovese but seems like they have been adding other grape varieties to increase the production .

Names like Castello Banfi,Frescobaldi, Piero Antinori and Giampiero Pazzaglia are also being investigated.

Castello Banfi has been sealed off by the Finance Police and looks like it will be a sad VINITALY for him this year.

Vinitaly is the world's largest wine fair which is taking place in Verona now---ends on Monday if anyone is in the area it is well worth a trip.

So now you see why I am not a big fan of Tuscany wines. A tad too commercial in some cases me thinks.

cin cin

shaggy
04-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I was wondering what Brunello was. I finally figured out it was a wine. I finally figured out that Glitter loves wine. Boy am I dumb. Give me a cold beer any day. :grin:shaggy

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back