PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Brunello Did you see whats there today

bigfrank
01-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I got one the last time Gaja Brunello www.winestilsoldout.com

Glitter Brunello
01-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Luckily I got one last time, too, because IT SOLD OUT today before I could get another -- It was luscious, I want more.

ArtsieAng
01-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Glitter

It was luscious, I want more.

Sounds yummy!

I've actually started drinking wine with lunch today, and am still going strong.:abused: Wish that I had some. I'm a little tired of my Merlot.

Glitter Brunello
01-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I believe it was this Gaja that sparked my new title... they must've just had a few left over from last time, because the spendier bottles d/n usually sell out so fast.

Hey, it's Marathon Tuesday on the 22nd -- fasten your wallets....

wackymother
01-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Whatever happened to the weekends being for cheap stuff? She said mournfully.

bigfrank
01-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Now this was interesting. They had this Sugargrill Gaja 1999 last night at the resturant we ate at. Take a guess at what it was priced at you won't believe it.
Price is below.

$330 a bottle

wackymother
01-27-2008, 06:07 PM
$330 a bottle

NOOOOO! And how much was it at winestillsoldout?

bigfrank
01-27-2008, 06:46 PM
NOOOOO! And how much was it at winestillsoldout?

We got it for $89 shipped for 1 bottle

wackymother
01-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Another shopping triumph! :D

Glitter Brunello
01-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Another shopping triumph! :D

And I drank mine out of plastic cups :abused:

wackymother
01-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Did anyone get this? I think it's too challenging for me!

Domini Veneti
Valpolicella Classico
La Casetta di Ettore Righetti Ripasso 2000
Free shipping on 4 or more!

Original:
$29.99
Yesterday's Best Web:
(including cost of shipping*)
$27.67
Our Price:
$9.99

RATINGS/SCORES:
**********GET READY TO ROLL
********STRAP ON A SEAT BELT
******WILL 67% OFF RING YOUR CHIMES?
*********Wine & Spirit's: 90

***********STEAL THIS WINE NOW!

A terrific match to any full-flavored dish, Veneti's Valpolicella has matured into a fabulous Red and is just now coming into its own. Surprisingly full-bodied and powerful; drinking beautifully.

"Deep black cherry in color, this is a challenging wine, needing hours exposed to the air to move past its radical reduction, a blast of burning black rubber that eventually fades into the dense black core of flavor. The power of the wine just continues to build, richly textured to balance the salty minerality and steel rods of tannins. Meant for the cellar, this needs years to mellow."

Wine & Spirits: 90

(Product description)

UNIT SIZE: 750ml
VARIETAL: N/A
VINTAGE: 2000
REGION: Veneto

kapish
01-27-2008, 11:43 PM
a blast of burning black rubber :confused: http://www.kapeesh.com/images/ani/smileys/2/36_11_1.gif

GrayFal
01-27-2008, 11:54 PM
:confused: http://www.kapeesh.com/images/ani/smileys/2/36_11_1.gif
I am beginning to think they will drink anything - I just can't imagine any of them WAITING several hours after opening to drink their wine - just call me CRAZY :abused:

kapish
01-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Pat, I think you are right. This is getting out of hand!! :shock::razz:

Glitter Brunello
01-28-2008, 12:39 AM
I am beginning to think they will drink anything - I just can't imagine any of them WAITING several hours after opening to drink their wine - just call me CRAZY :abused:

Pat, I think you are right. This is getting out of hand!! :shock::razz:

I will NOT drink anything. And definitely not anything I have to let aerate for hours... :abused:

(btw, if you are able to store it for a few years as they recommend, that should greatly shorten the time it needs to breathe)

bigfrank
01-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Did anyone get this? I think it's too challenging for me!

Domini Veneti
Valpolicella Classico
La Casetta di Ettore Righetti Ripasso 2000
Free shipping on 4 or more!

Original:
$29.99
Yesterday's Best Web:
$27.67
Our Price:
$9.99

RATINGS/SCORES:
**********GET READY TO ROLL
********STRAP ON A SEAT BELT
******WILL 67% OFF RING YOUR CHIMES?
*********Wine & Spirit's: 90

***********STEAL THIS WINE NOW!

A terrific match to any full-flavored dish, Veneti's Valpolicella has matured into a fabulous Red and is just now coming into its own. Surprisingly full-bodied and powerful; drinking beautifully.

"Deep black cherry in color, this is a challenging wine, needing hours exposed to the air to move past its radical reduction, a blast of burning black rubber that eventually fades into the dense black core of flavor. The power of the wine just continues to build, richly textured to balance the salty minerality and steel rods of tannins. Meant for the cellar, this needs years to mellow."

Wine & Spirits: 90

(Product description)

VARIETAL: N/A
REGION: Veneto

OK I admit I was drinking when they put this up and bought it with out reading. I will let you guys know what it is like to drink rubber.:eek:

wackymother
01-28-2008, 11:14 AM
OK I admit I was drinking when they put this up and bought it with out reading. I will let you guys know what it is like to drink rubber.:eek:

We'll know when you open it from the plume of dark black smoke rising over Queens. :lol:

bigfrank
03-18-2008, 12:19 AM
I have about 4 of these. I would not rate it a 92 like they did, I would more likely say it is more like a 90.

Casanova di Neri
Brunello di Montalcino
Tenuta Nuova 2000
Free Shipping on 2 or more!
Original:
$79.99

Yesterday's Best Web:
$66.96

Our Price:
$35.99

RATINGS/SCORES:
**55% OFF!! ** 55% OFF!! ** 55% OFF!! **

We're crazy for Brunello, and this gorgeous wine is a delicious example of the species.

Big, full-bodied, exceedingly silky, young and growing better by the day.
An incredible bargain at 55% off (we bought every case in the importers warehouse to get the price down).

Wine Spectator: 92
Decanter: Four Stars
(Product description)

VARIETAL: Sangiovese
REGION: Tuscany

Glitter Brunello
03-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Funny, we just opened one of these tonight, we really enjoyed it. Not a Gaja, but well priced and very good.

bigfrank
03-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Funny, we just opened one of these tonight, we really enjoyed it. Not a Gaja, but well priced and very good.

I had opened up one about 2 months ago and was not super pleased. I felt it should have been better. Maybe it was a bad bottle. I have a few different years sitting right now. I am going to really look at what I have in storage. I should also be turning the bottles right about now.

wackymother
03-18-2008, 07:58 AM
How do you organize them? By year? By type?

bigfrank
03-18-2008, 09:26 AM
How do you organize them? By year? By type?

I have my best bottles on top but I try to keep the same varity in the same area but I screwed that up. Turning the bottles once or twice a year is good to do. But I sometimes miss doing it.

wackymother
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
I have my best bottles on top but I try to keep the same varity in the same area but I screwed that up. Turning the bottles once or twice a year is good to do. But I sometimes miss doing it.

Do you ever do "flights"? Where you try several wines all from the same region or the same type of wine from successive years? I didn't know about them until a couple of years ago--went to a fancy restaurant. I thought it was the greatest idea!

bigfrank
03-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Do you ever do "flights"? Where you try several wines all from the same region or the same type of wine from successive years? I didn't know about them until a couple of years ago--went to a fancy restaurant. I thought it was the greatest idea!

Yes since most of my wines are already from the same region(mostly from Italy). I noticed a difference that way on the Ruffino. I have 2000 Ruffino tan label and then compared it to Ruffino's best wine the Ruffino Ducal Di Oro which is there gold wine but my year was a 2003. The 2000 tan was way better. Then I opened a 2000 Gold and wow what a difference. It might have been a bad bottle or it just has to sit for a few more years.

wackymother
03-18-2008, 09:49 AM
So the 2000 Gold wasn't as good as the 2000 Tan?

bigfrank
03-18-2008, 09:52 AM
So the 2000 Gold wasn't as good as the 2000 Tan?

No thde 2000 gold was great but the 2003 gold was no way near as good as the 2000 tan.

wackymother
03-18-2008, 09:54 AM
No thde 2000 gold was great but the 2003 gold was no way near as good as the 2000 tan.

Ah. I think I'll have to stick to my rotgut. Less risk! :mrgreen:

bigfrank
03-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Certain years in certain areas it was to hot and the grapes were not just spoiling but the wine in the vats started to boil. I believe 2003 was that year.

bigfrank
03-21-2008, 05:21 PM
I have about 4 of these. I would not rate it a 92 like they did, I would more likely say it is more like a 90.

Casanova di Neri
Brunello di Montalcino
Tenuta Nuova 2000
Free Shipping on 2 or more!
Original:
$79.99

Yesterday's Best Web:
$66.96

Our Price:
$35.99

RATINGS/SCORES:
**55% OFF!! ** 55% OFF!! ** 55% OFF!! **

We're crazy for Brunello, and this gorgeous wine is a delicious example of the species.

Big, full-bodied, exceedingly silky, young and growing better by the day.
An incredible bargain at 55% off (we bought every case in the importers warehouse to get the price down).

Wine Spectator: 92
Decanter: Four Stars
(Product description)

VARIETAL: Sangiovese
REGION: Tuscany

Should have bought a case look at what this is selling for and it is a 2001.

2001 Casanova Di Neri Brunello Di Montalcino Tenuta Nuova - $120.00 (http://www.winecommune.com/lot.cfm/wine/2001-Casanova-Di-Neri-Brunello-Di-Montalcino-Tenut/lotID/2346910.html)

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back