PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the time posted

Ann-Marie
02-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Bigfrank, when I am on this site, the time displayed it 5 hours ahead of my time. How can I change it?:?:

Ann-Marie
02-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Bigfrank, when I am on this site, the time displayed it 5 hours ahead of my time. How can I change it?:?:

Keitht
02-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Go to Quick Links on the bar above, select Edit Options. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and there is the date and time option. Select you timezone and everything should be fine.

Keitht
02-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Go to Quick Links on the bar above, select Edit Options. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and there is the date and time option. Select you timezone and everything should be fine.

bigfrank
02-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Go to Quick links >Control Panel>Edit Options>Scroll down to the time zone.

BTW I am moving this the the Computer help forum so it may help others in the future.

Edited to add looks like Keith beat me to it.

bigfrank
02-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Go to Quick links >Control Panel>Edit Options>Scroll down to the time zone.

BTW I am moving this the the Computer help forum so it may help others in the future.

Keitht
02-10-2006, 06:33 PM

You gotta learn to type faster Frank :mrgreen:

Keitht
02-10-2006, 06:33 PM

bigfrank
02-10-2006, 07:09 PM

You know I still type with 1 finger. I swear I do no joke.

BTW I think that's pretty good that she got 2 replies in 7 minutes.:shock:

bigfrank
02-10-2006, 07:09 PM

You know I still type with 1 finger. I swear I do no joke.

BTW I think that's pretty good that she got 2 replies in 7 minutes.:shock:

Ann-Marie
02-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm not sure why, but suddenly my aol went to Pacific time, timeshare forums went to western time, and my computer has eastern time, but it is 10 minutes slow! I fixed all except the computer time. Can't figure out why the time is off 10 minutes.

Ann-Marie
02-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm not sure why, but suddenly my aol went to Pacific time, timeshare forums went to western time, and my computer has eastern time, but it is 10 minutes slow! I fixed all except the computer time. Can't figure out why the time is off 10 minutes.

Keitht
02-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Can't figure out why the time is off 10 minutes.

The clock on the computer can be affected when switched off if the internal battery is starting to give up. Just go into Settings, Control Panel, Date & Time and put it right there.

Ann-Marie
02-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks, it worked!

Keitht
02-12-2006, 03:34 PM
I couldn't figure out how to change it to the exact correct time. I followed the directions above, but still didn't see how it could be changed.

If your computer clock is off you can correct it by following the instructions previously posted. If you are saying that the time on your posts to this site are 10 minutes off, that is down to the time set on the hosting server. If the clock on the server is out by 10 minutes, it will correct for time zone +/- 10 minutes. Does that make sense?

The Conch Man
02-13-2006, 11:07 AM
The clock on the computer can be affected when switched off if the internal battery is starting to give up. Just go into Settings, Control Panel, Date & Time and put it right there.

Or ~~ you can just right click on the "Time" in the lower right hand corner of your "Toolbar" ~~ :surfin:

Keitht
02-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Or ~~ you can just right click on the "Time" in the lower right hand corner of your "Toolbar" ~~ :surfin:

Much too easy!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back