PDA

View Full Version : 70% Off Restaurant.com

Arkansas Winger
12-21-2007, 10:07 AM
A Special Offer From Restaurant.com (http://tinyurl.com/2b8aty)

This is the best deal that Restaurant.com puts on; only $3 for the $25 gift certificates!

Use discount code GIFTS

Expires 12/25/07[/B

[B]Merry Christmas!

]:banana:

bigfrank
12-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Was waiting on this one time to stock up.:banana:

kapish
12-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for posting this code :)

mshatty
12-21-2007, 12:02 PM
WooHoo! I just bought some for my trip to HHI!:banana::banana::wavey: Thanks again.

bigfrank
12-21-2007, 12:37 PM
Site is getting hammered right now having trouble buying.:pissed:

Luanne
12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks. My order was just processed.

Ann-Marie
12-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I have tried so many times, and I have gotten as far as purchasing certificates, and the pages go blank. Frustrating.

vintner
12-21-2007, 02:38 PM
I gotta get in on this earlier. I keep going down the list, ooh, I want that, oh, sold out. Repeat.
Maybe in Jan. if I get in early.

Luanne
12-21-2007, 02:39 PM
I gotta get in on this earlier. I keep going down the list, ooh, I want that, oh, sold out. Repeat.
Maybe in Jan. if I get in early.

What's sold out? I just purchased gift certificates.

vintner
12-21-2007, 02:50 PM
What's sold out? I just purchased gift certificates.

There are 68 listings within 25 miles from my zipcode. Currently, 24 are sold out. What is left is 4 certificates at different prices for 'Beyond Juice', there is a cafe at a furnature store, 'classic pizza and ice cream', the VFW a couple suburbs over has certificates, as does the Greenmill in different price ranges. There are some that are okay, but the hot ones are gone.

bigfrank
12-21-2007, 04:30 PM
So what do you think did I buy to many

Subtotal $160.00
Discount Applied: ($112.00)
Total: $48.00

Luanne
12-21-2007, 05:25 PM
So what do you think did I buy to many

Subtotal $160.00
Discount Applied: ($112.00)
Total: $48.00

Well, you bought more than I did.

Subtotal: $100.00
Discount Applied: $88.00
Total: $12.00

bigfrank
12-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Well, you bought more than I did.

Subtotal: $100.00
Discount Applied: $88.00
Total: $12.00

How did you get it for $12, 70% off $100 is $30.

Luanne
12-21-2007, 06:34 PM
How did you get it for $12, 70% off $100 is $30.

Okay, I probably figured wrong. The "face" value was for 4 $25.00 certificates ($100.00). They were selling for $10 each. So that would have been $40, and then 70% off was $28, making it $12.00. It just sounded better the way I put it. :D

Arkansas Winger
12-22-2007, 01:38 AM
There are 68 listings within 25 miles from my zipcode. Currently, 24 are sold out. What is left is 4 certificates at different prices for 'Beyond Juice', there is a cafe at a furnature store, 'classic pizza and ice cream', the VFW a couple suburbs over has certificates, as does the Greenmill in different price ranges. There are some that are okay, but the hot ones are gone.

Just buy the certificates and put them in your account. Then at the first of the month check the places you would like to use them (most of them will have more available the first of each month) and assign a certificate to that establishment. You will then have 1 year to use it. :smile:

Arkansas Winger
12-22-2007, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know how to get the $10 certificates to come up for purchase? :confused: I have a few establishments I would like to try that only take the $10 certificates.

Thanks,

bigfrank
12-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know how to get the $10 certificates to come up for purchase? :confused: I have a few establishments I would like to try that only take the $10 certificates.

Thanks,

They should all be visable. If offered they should be in the same area as the $25 GC,

LynnW
12-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I guess I'm not understanding about leaving them in your account :confused: When I buy them they are in my account until I use them right? As they have no restaurants in Canada I always buy them for an upcoming trip.Yesterday I bought three but the one I really wanted was sold out. If I buy another one how do I change it to the one I want after the first of the month?

Lynn

Luanne
12-22-2007, 03:28 PM
I guess I'm not understanding about leaving them in your account :confused: When I buy them they are in my account until I use them right? As they have no restaurants in Canada I always buy them for an upcoming trip.Yesterday I bought three but the one I really wanted was sold out. If I buy another one how do I change it to the one I want after the first of the month?

Lynn

I bought gift certificates this time instead of certificates for specific restaurants. The way I think (or at least I'm hoping they work) is that when I want to redeem them I can use the dollar amount towards a restaurant that participates with restaurant.com. What I don't know is if I can just take the certificate in, or if I need to use it to purchase a certificate for a particular restaurant.

LynnW
12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks Luanne. You'll have to let us know if it works. I have never purchased a gift certificate.

Lynn

Arkansas Winger
12-23-2007, 12:28 AM
I bought gift certificates this time instead of certificates for specific restaurants. The way I think (or at least I'm hoping they work) is that when I want to redeem them I can use the dollar amount towards a restaurant that participates with restaurant.com. What I don't know is if I can just take the certificate in, or if I need to use it to purchase a certificate for a particular restaurant.

When you get ready to redeem. You find a restaurant that has certificates available and you purchase one using the GC you have in your account. A certificate must be issued by the restaurant you are going to use it at, you don't use a blank certificate.

So if a restaurant you want to go to currently doesn't have certificates available then check back at the first of the month as most make certificates available at that time. An if available make your purchase. It is then good for 1 year in most states.

Luanne
12-23-2007, 12:56 AM
When you get ready to redeem. You find a restaurant that has certificates available and you purchase one using the GC you have in your account. A certificate must be issued by the restaurant you are going to use it at, you don't use a blank certificate.

So if a restaurant you want to go to currently doesn't have certificates available then check back at the first of the month as most make certificates available at that time. An if available make your purchase. It is then good for 1 year in most states.

Thanks! This info helps alot. :D

JWC
12-23-2007, 11:11 AM
None of the restaurants listed in my area are of any interest to me. We have a lot of very good restaurants of all food types but none of them are on their list.

bigfrank
12-23-2007, 01:08 PM
None of the restaurants listed in my area are of any interest to me. We have a lot of very good restaurants of all food types but none of them are on their list.

John try something new thats in the area. I have found some great new places to eat at since I use these GC.

Luanne
12-23-2007, 02:26 PM

I haven't used them for restaurants in my area, but I have used them when traveling. There is a restaurant in State College, PA that we like a lot and go to every time we're there. I was delighted to find they participate. :D

JWC
12-23-2007, 05:12 PM
My wife and I owned a Mexican Restaurant in San Jose CA back in the 70's. If you have good food and service then you don't need to offer discounts for people to eat at your restaurant. My experience has always beeen that, with few exceptions, restaurants that offer discounts are not the best or they wouldn't be making the offers.

Luanne
12-23-2007, 05:48 PM
My wife and I owned a Mexican Restaurant in San Jose CA back in the 70's. If you have good food and service then you don't need to offer discounts for people to eat at your restaurant. My experience has always beeen that, with few exceptions, restaurants that offer discounts are not the best or they wouldn't be making the offers.

Things might have changed since the 70's. :wink: We tend to eat at the restaurants we like, regardless of whether they offer a discount or not. But, several of our favorites do, sometimes it's because they're just getting established and hope to draw business in, sometimes maybe it's just because they're "nice" guys. Who knows.

JWC
12-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Seniors, like myself, should always ask if the restaurant gives senior discounts. Many do but do not advertise it. It doesn't affect our decision where to eat but it is always nice to receive a 10-25% discount. Don't assume because one restaurant in a chain does not give senior discounts, that others in the same chain do not. Often the chain restaurants are franchises and it is up to the individual franchise owner whether they do. IHOP is a good example. Many IHOPs will give a 10% seniors discount for meals off the regular menu but others don't. Applebee's and Chili's are other good examples. It also depends on the area of the country. Senior's discounts are very common here.

vintner
12-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Just buy the certificates and put them in your account. Then at the first of the month check the places you would like to use them (most of them will have more available the first of each month) and assign a certificate to that establishment. You will then have 1 year to use it. :smile:

The new deal was announced, so I went to the website. The restaurants I want are sold out. There is not a way to buy them, add them to card.

$25 Gift Certificate | Your Price $10

OUT OF STOCK, MORE CERTIFICATES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE FIRST OF THE NEXT MONTH.
(While supplies last.)

I guess the only thing I can do is keep watching until they are available, then jump.

kapish
12-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Restaurant.com seems to have a good selection at the beginning of each month. At that time there are no discounts. Then, as the inventory dwindles, and when all the good ones are taken, then start sales. 50% by the middle of the month, then 60% and then 70% by the end of the month. This pattern is pretty clear when we review the emails from them.

bigfrank
12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Restaurant.com seems to have a good selection at the beginning of each month. At that time there are no discounts. Then, as the inventory dwindles, and when all the good ones are taken, then start sales. 50% by the middle of the month, then 60% and then 70% by the end of the month. This pattern is pretty clear when we review the emails from them.

I don't know why I don't get there email deals. I have been buying from them for over 5 years now.

New code for 70% off is countdown

Arkansas Winger
12-29-2007, 09:46 AM

Doesn't matter. You buy the gift certificates when you can get them at 60 or 70% off. They are in your account with no restaurant attached to them. When the restaurant is available at the first of the month you purchase the certificates for the restaurant you want using gift certificates you have in your account.

:grin: Simple enough even us cavemen can do it..... :grin:

TimeshareVon
12-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I agree with Winger on the process, as that's how I've been doing it now for a while. Problem lately is that even those "first of the month only" offerings don't seem to be available any more . . . even first thing (and throughout the day) on the 1st of the month. Must be some trick to landing them lately.

vintner
12-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Doesn't matter. You buy the gift certificates when you can get them at 60 or 70% off. They are in your account with no restaurant attached to them. When the restaurant is available at the first of the month you purchase the certificates for the restaurant you want using gift certificates you have in your account.

:grin: Simple enough even us cavemen can do it..... :grin:

Wish I was as smart as a caveman, cause when I try to do it, I get a restaurant attached.

Luanne
12-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Wish I was as smart as a caveman, cause when I try to do it, I get a restaurant attached.

Hmmm, I've purchased from them three times now. The first two times were for specific restaurants. This last time around was just for the "gift certificate". It must have been pretty simple since I was able to figure it out. I'm pretty sure I just clicked on something that allowed me to purchase 4 $25.00 certificates, no restaurants involved. :shock:

Just checked the site. I clicked on the right where it said "Buying as a gift". That allowed me to purchase the certificates.

vintner
12-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Now I get it. :banana: I kept going to the restaurant section :nono: when I should have gone to buy a gift certificate. :banghead:

Thanks for the additional help.:clueless: Guess I now know what it takes.

Luanne
12-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Now I get it. :banana: I kept going to the restaurant section :nono: when I should have gone to buy a gift certificate. :banghead:

Thanks for the additional help.:clueless: Guess I now know what it takes.

I knew it couldn't be too difficult if I could figure it out. :clueless: Now, I'm just hoping that when it comes time to redeem them it will be as simple. :woot:

kapish
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
40% OFF Offer ends Sunday, January 6, 2008!
Code: THANKYOU (could be THANK YOU - with a space between the words)

bigfrank
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
I moved this thread over to the Restaurant forum where it might help people even more.

kapish
01-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Save 50% DISCOUNT CODE: SAVINGS
Offer ends Sunday, January 13, 2008!

GrayFal
01-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Save 50% DISCOUNT CODE: SAVINGS
Offer ends Sunday, January 13, 2008!
We are spoiled, we only will buy at 60% off or more :wink:

VillaHappy
01-13-2008, 04:55 PM
When does it go to 60% off?

bigfrank
01-13-2008, 08:31 PM
When does it go to 60% off?

Forget 60% wait for 70% off,:wavey:

kapish
01-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Here is a screenshot of all the emails I have received from restaurant.com during the last few weeks. It shows a pattern of when we can expect the 50%, 60% and 70% coupons...

http://www.timeshareforums.com/photopost/data/500/medium/restdotcom-emails.JPG

bigfrank
01-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Here is a screenshot of all the emails I have received from restaurant.com during the last few weeks. It shows a pattern of when we can expect the 50%, 60% and 70% coupons...

http://www.timeshareforums.com/photopost/data/500/medium/restdotcom-emails.JPG

Why do you get these emails and I don't?

kapish
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Why do you get these emails and I don't?A few thoughts:
You may not have signed up to get email alerts from them.
Could be your SPAM filter might be throwing them in your bulk folder.
The email you have used when registering with them may not be in service anymore.
You may not have added their email address in your "trusted contacts list" and may be thrown away.
You may have set up a filter in your mailbox to be discarded.
Your ISP may be deleting these thinking they are SPAM.
What happens if you go to your account settings at restaurant.com and update your email address that is way different (different ISP, different mail provider etc.) and see what happens. At the least you should be receiving an email from them at the newly updated email ID telling you the email address on records have been changed.

bigfrank
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
A few thoughts:
You may not have signed up to get email alerts from them.
Could be your SPAM filter might be throwing them in your bulk folder.
The email you have used when registering with them may not be in service anymore.
You may not have added their email address in your "trusted contacts list" and may be thrown away.
You may have set up a filter in your mailbox to be discarded.
Your ISP may be deleting these thinking they are SPAM.
What happens if you go to your account settings at restaurant.com and update your email address that is way different (different ISP, different mail provider etc.) and see what happens. At the least you should be receiving an email from them at the newly updated email ID telling you the email address on records have been changed.

I have signed up a few times and still no emails, Not a spam issue either.

kapish
01-13-2008, 10:44 PM
I have signed up a few times and still no emails, Not a spam issue either.When you purchase gift certs. do you get a confirmation from them?

Go ahead and change your password there. You should be getting an email from them. Do you get those?

bigfrank
01-13-2008, 10:48 PM
When you purchase gift certs. do you get a confirmation from them?

Go ahead and change your password there. You should be getting an email from them. Do you get those?

Yes I get the emails when I buy, I have been buying from them since they first started out, Remember when they were $1 a piece? I am going to call them to see whats up.

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back