PDA

View Full Version : Great rental car rates for Maui

BocaBum99
02-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I just booked my rental car for Maui. I was surprised that a full size car for a week is less than $200 for the week before taxes.

I paid double that in Kauai for New Year's week.

bigfrank
02-04-2007, 03:42 PM
I had gotten rates similar if not less when I was there using priceline. Now I would check with hotwire.com , I also would check with www.carrentals.com and Kayak.com as well as travelzoo.com.

4ARedOctober
02-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Cheapest I found in Hawaii so far is through http://www.rentalcarmomma.com/ on Budget. It was significant compared to the many other sources I checked including priceline.

bigfrank
02-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Cheapest I found in Hawaii so far is through www.carrentalmomma.com on Budget. It was significant compared to the many other sources I checked including priceline.

I should have said Bid on Priceline and not there search engine. I had gotten a Convertible for under $200 using PL for Hawaii. I will say that they are not always the cheapest since I booked two of the Islands without Pl and 2 with PL. Just two days ago I just booked a van with Hotwire for 1 day. I could not get a better day using PL and carrentals.com was only $4 higher than Hotwire. Now I did book a Van for a week using Carrentals.com about 4 months ago. The price I got for a week with a Van at LAX is a joke. $150 for the entire week taxes included. When you think about it I just now got stuck paying for 1 day a Van at SNA for $45. I strongly believe that lucky timing is everything.

BocaBum99
02-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I am happy with the $200 rate. It sounds like I can save a maximum of $50. Not worth the time and effort at this point. I'll use those sources next time.

I-DE-HO
02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I am happy with the $200 rate. It sounds like I can save a maximum of $50. Not worth the time and effort at this point. I'll use those sources next time.

$50 is a dinner out. Send your extra cash to me! :)

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back