PDA

View Full Version : Interval audits & re-charges fees!

Carol C
11-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Has anyone recently gotten letters from Interval International saying they found upon internal audit that guest certificate fees were not charged? I feel 100% sure that their phone staff have *always* charged me the guest cert fee and informed me of the amount and asked for credit card number. Yet II says that in 2004 they failed to charge my credit card *three times*. I got rid of that particular credit card and can't find a phone number to call to see if the charges appear on the 2004 statement of account or not. II can't really prove I owe the money and I can't prove I do not owe it. :wasntme:

Has this happened to anyone else, and how did you handle it?

tonyg
11-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Interesting ! Maybe if you tell us the card name we can get you a number to call. I always keep records around for at least 2 years. After that, without a billing, any amount due (and not ever billed) would generally be uncollectable.

GrayFal
11-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey Foxie C, I got a letter yesterday stating I did not pay for a GC for my parents visit to STX in May - they said the transaction was Jan 2005......this is AWFULLY annoying and I bet they hope people will say, 'Oh well, I guess they are right' and not check...luckily, I still have that card.

katiemack
11-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Hopefully you can find your records to prove you paid the fees. I wonder though, what if someone traded into a resort through II, and at the last minute couldn't go, then sent a relative or friend who upon checkin has their name entered into the record....could this be what is audited, and thus seems like a guest cert should have been purchased?

wonka
11-22-2005, 11:46 AM
That's odd. There must be quite a bit of monies involved to go through the effort of collecting two year old guest certificate fees. Otherwise, you'd think II would simply fix the problem so it won't happen again, and write-off the area to maintain customer goodwill.

GrayFal
11-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Hopefully you can find your records to prove you paid the fees. I wonder though, what if someone traded into a resort through II, and at the last minute couldn't go, then sent a relative or friend who upon checkin has their name entered into the record....could this be what is audited, and thus seems like a guest cert should have been purchased?
I purchased the GC at the same time as the week - using an AC - $288. I will have DH call the company as it was on his card.....

SOS8260456
11-29-2005, 12:28 AM
I got one of these letters and it got buried with all of the holiday things going on . The exchange was in Dec 2004. I better pull the cc statements.

Lisa :)

Carol C
12-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Just to let folks know...I got my AmEx statement and the charge wasn't on there. The other guest certs (2) were on a Visa I no longer have, but I decided to give II the benefit of the doubt and let them charge the valid AmEx for all 3 guest certs. I wish they would write it off to have good will of customers, but this doesn't seem to be their interest. So, I paid, and they have not earned a warm fuzzy spot in my heart this time.

somerville
12-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I received one of those letters. Checked my AmEx bill, and the guest certificate charge was not on there. Looks like they have some control problems at II if our small sample is an indication.

jgtragesser
12-05-2005, 11:10 PM
I got hit for 7 GC's going back to July '04... they may have crappy procedures, but their auditors sure are tenacious... I checked and they were correct :cry2: Joe Tragesser ... jgtragesser@yahoo.com

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back