PDA

View Full Version : Where do you own in Hawaii?

Tetta
10-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Bill and I own floating weeks at Paniolo Greens on the Big Island and One Napili Way on Maui :banana: :offtopic: I like the dancing banana but is there a puppy somewhere?

aliikai2
10-11-2005, 11:51 AM
are our 3 Alii Building 1 bedrooms weeks and our 3 2 Bedroom Pono Kai weeks.

For rentals and traders, we own 3 Cliffs Clubs 1 bedrooms, 1 Kahana Falls 1 bed 2 bath, 2-2 bedroom Hala suites at the Imperial in Honolulu, 1 bed 1 bath also at the Imperial, 1 RAVC 1 bedroom and lots of VI points to use at their 10 Hawaiian resorts.

Were still looking for some Kona Hawaiian Village weeks :wow:

fwiw, :cofee: Greg

barndweller
12-27-2005, 09:54 PM
at Hanalei Bay Resort: 2 bed/ 2 bath every year

We also own 2 weeks at San Luis Bay Inn that trade well for Hawaii
and a Sedona Springs 2 bed/ lock-off EOY

With deposits & trades using II or SFX, we are hoping that gives us alternate years in Hawaii or in Arizona for our winter vacations as well as bonus weeks for going to places we've not been before.

Julie :wavey:

reddiablosv
12-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Pahio at the Shearwater- Penthouse 2 bedroom annual
HGVC Bay Club-2 bedroom EOY
Maui Schooner- 2 bedroom annual
One Napili Way- 3 bedroom EOY
Kona Coast11- 2 bedroom EOY
Paniolo Greens- 3 units- 2 bedrooms-annual and EOY
Royal Aloha Vacation Club- 1 bedroom -annual
Royal Holiday Club- variable-annual? Does this count, It has contracts for units at the Pono Kai and Kono Coast? What about RCI Points??? RAVC,RHC, and RCI points become increasingly ambiguous because multi resort systems have resorts in and out of Hawaii. Probably the question should be restricted to deeded weeks or RTU weeks in Hawaii. Ben

Faust
12-28-2005, 12:02 AM
EMBASSY VACATION RESORT POIPU POINT, Kauai
floating week

jackio
12-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Sweetwater at Waikiki, ORE rotating week. Just bought it last year. The Sept. week I banked only a couple of months out and it trades terribly. The Feb. week I banked almost a year out and it trades great. The next week will be for June 07 and I hope it is a good trader also.

Carol C
12-30-2005, 08:44 PM
So, for you who spend so much time in Hawaii, how often do you get lei'ed? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) :peep:

taffy19
12-30-2005, 10:44 PM
We own a two week "non-floating" timeshare (Maui Sunset) in Maui since 1984 and still enjoy it almost every year plus add on days or weeks to other Islands too so it is worthwhile going there. We just rent accommodations which is fine with us but we have exchanged our Marriott timeshare too for one in Hawaii which was great.

We also owned a week at the "Mauna Loa Village at the Sea" on the Big Island that we were dumb enough to trade in for a timeshare in Mexico. :cry2: That was the worst mistake we ever made in "timesharing" by buying in Mexico but we know better now and will tell other people not to make the same mistake we made.

This is what the timeshare forums are about. JMHO.

taffy19
12-30-2005, 10:55 PM
So, for you who spend so much time in Hawaii, how often do you get lei'ed? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) :peep:
Carol, we were "lei'ed" once the first time we went to Hawaii and we were so surprised. It must have been arranged by the Travel Agency we used. My DH did the same to all our family and friends, who we took to Hawaii for the first time. It is fun to watch their faces when they get this lei and a kiss from a beautiful native man or woman. The leis are so beautiful and last several days and smell so nice. He doesn't forget me so that is nice too. :biggrin:

haole-don
12-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Emmy,

You've posted a great collection of photos!

We especially like the Marriott Waiohai - toured there and came so close to purchase. But since we'll have 3 in college in another year, just couldn't divert the funds...

Thanks for sharing...don

garyd210
01-04-2006, 12:15 AM
We visited Hawaii for the first time in May '04. By January '05 we had our first 2 timeshares: Bali Hai 1b/r and 2 b/r at the Mauna Loa Village By the Sea in Kona. We've been to Kauai twice and Kona just once 3 months ago. We found Kona to be very humid in September, which is normal. We look forward to going back and doing lots of exploring on the Big Island, too. We look forward to visiting the volcano area in person after seeing it just from a small prop plane. 5 of 8 of us got sick and had our heads buried in the b**f bags.

garyd210

rifleman69
01-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Own EOY at Pahio Bali Hai, bought it resale last year after taking a trip to Kauai last summer and staying there.

JROBIN
01-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I own the following Hawaii Weeks:

2 BR Fall Kona Coast II
2 BR Winter Kona Coast II
1 BR Gardens of West Maui

I am still on the lookout for another Maui week in Kehei.

JR

StressCadet
01-25-2006, 03:05 AM

This is what I own. A mid June week at Maui Lea at Maui Hill. Got real lucky IMHO on Ebay. It's my first and only. Going to Maui and Kauai this summer-those of you who own Bali Hai-tell me about the resort if you don't mind. I think I might take a look see while I am in Kauai ;)

EvelynK72
01-25-2006, 07:49 AM
We own multiple weeks at the Kona Coast Resort - all one bedroom winter weeks. We also own one, 2 bedroom lockoff at Kahana Falls on Maui. The goal is to get out of the Indiana cold when we retire.

Evelyn

Danny Titus
01-30-2006, 02:18 AM
Kona Coast I
Kona Coast II mult. weeks
Kona Hawaiian Village
Paniolo Greens

Meatsss
02-07-2006, 02:06 AM
We own 2 weeks every year at the Hono Koa on Maui and an EOY week at the LBC in the Alii building. Haven't stayed there yet but will get our first taste of the resort in March.

Meatsss
02-07-2006, 02:06 AM
We own 2 weeks every year at the Hono Koa on Maui and an EOY week at the LBC in the Alii building. Haven't stayed there yet but will get our first taste of the resort in March.

coatrack
02-08-2006, 10:33 PM
I own WM and they have two resorts on Maui

coatrack
02-08-2006, 10:33 PM
I own WM and they have two resorts on Maui

tennisWalt
02-09-2006, 03:55 PM
The Maui Embassy every other year (odd years). I'll be there Jan. 20, 2007 and at the Embassy Kauai Jan. 13, 2007.

Walt :banana:

tennisWalt
02-09-2006, 03:55 PM
The Maui Embassy every other year (odd years). I'll be there Jan. 20, 2007 and at the Embassy Kauai Jan. 13, 2007.

Walt :banana:

lease1
02-12-2006, 11:49 PM
We own at the Imperial of Hawaii in Waikiki and the Kona Coast Resort on the Big Island!

rifleman69
02-20-2006, 06:15 PM

This is what I own. A mid June week at Maui Lea at Maui Hill. Got real lucky IMHO on Ebay. It's my first and only. Going to Maui and Kauai this summer-those of you who own Bali Hai-tell me about the resort if you don't mind. I think I might take a look see while I am in Kauai ;)

Bali Hai is in the middle of construction, believe the 10-13 buildings (numbers might be a bit off) are completed? and building 5 which is bordering the pool area is nearing completion. I thought it was a beautiful area, the unit we stayed in was nice (building 2 which is the older building). We liked the proximity to Hanalei, Tunnels Beach, Queen's Bath, and surrounding areas...Poipu just seems like a mini-Waikiki in my eyes.

Anita
02-21-2006, 12:37 PM
We own Winter season Kona Coast II and HGVC points which access Hilton properties on Kona, our favorite island. If we lived closer to Hawaii I'd like also to own 1 week for the Kona Coast I.
Anita

Fisch
02-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Embassy Vacation Resort Poipu Kauai.
We just purchased there last month.

jlee2070
03-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Marriott Waiohai Beach Club on Kauai... Located on Poipu Beach!!!

All 2BR/2BA Units, No Lockoff :confused:

Purchased from developer :banghead: out of a Trailer located on-site back in late 2002.

Jim and Cindy
03-09-2006, 11:58 PM
2 BR Pono Kai (1 week).

DDI Par
03-10-2006, 01:43 AM
We purchased a resale at Kona Coast back in 1998 from the onsite Shell resale office. Cost us about half of what the developer prices were a couple of years earlier. We have not been back (although we plan to some day) since we receive bonus weeks through II for depositing our week each year.

Among the exchanges we have have enjoyed with our deposits are: South Seas Club, Captiva Is., FL; Riverpointe, Napa Valley, CA; Harbor Ridge, SW Harbor, ME; Marriott Newport, Newport Beach, CA; Tortuga Beach Club, Sanibel, FL; Worldmark Pinetop, Pinetop, AZ.

Our bonus weeks have also been quite good: Marriott Desert Springs, Palm Desert, CA; Worldmark Angels Camp, Angels Camp, CA; Fairmont Mountainside, Fairmont Hot Springs, BC; Four Seasons Aviara, Carlsbad, CA; Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, Puerto Vallarta, MX.

We are fortunate to have college friends living just north of Kona who have a separate beach house where we are invited to stay whenever we decide to travel to Hawaii, so staying at our Kona Coast resort makes less sense than using it for great exchanges.

We love Hawaii, but we love the whole world as well.

DDI Par

travelfan
03-11-2006, 10:46 PM
We own 4 weeks at Kona Coast Resort; 1 week at Moana Loa Village, and 1 week at Imperial Waikiki. We use most, but do trade once in awhile.:grin:

Deer Path
05-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Our first purchase was the Kona Hawaiian Village by the Sea in 2000 as they were building it. It is a floating week 2 BR.(they all are 2 BR). At that time our trading company was Trading Places and we got a membership in RCI.
KHV is now a Fairfield Resort but we were unable to change to points so still have a floating week. We are still with Trading Places and RCI of course.

We also own at the Bay Club in Hawaii with Hilton Grand Vacations Club. We have 7000 points which is a 2BR. We have had the best luck trading with HGVC through RCI. We love the points system.

Judy

ArtsieAng
05-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Nowhere..........:cry2:

Jan Handlers
05-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Marriott Maui - 2 BR Oceanfront EY, 1 BR Oceanfront EY
Bay Club (HGVC) - 2 BR 2.5 BA Villa, 2 weeks/year
Marriott Ko Olina - 2 BR Oceanview EY:cool:

Bill4728
05-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Marriott Maui - 2 BR Oceanfront EY, 1 BR Oceanfront EY
Bay Club (HGVC) - 2 BR 2.5 BA Villa, 2 weeks/year
Marriott Ko Olina - 2 BR Oceanview EY:cool:

Jan,

You have 5 weeks every year? WOW!

I've heard such bad stories about how difficult it is to reserve at the Hawaii Marriotts. Have you been able to get the weeks you want to travel with your Marriotts?

daventrina
05-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Embassy Vacation Resort Maui DOV. Now KBVR:cry:

shopgirl
05-11-2006, 04:28 PM
We own:

An annual week a Gardens at West Maui, one bedroom, two baths
A two-bedroom annual week at Pahio @ Bali Hai (we bought resale after a delightful exchange). They treat us as well as if we bought from the developer.
We just bought a one bedroom EOY at Bali Hai that we will actually use for the two of us.

We have had good luck renting our Gardens at WM and our Pahio two bedroom weeks to others through redweek and myresortnetwork, so we use our CO mountain weeks to exchange into Hawaii most of the time, but that one bedroom is going to be great for us to actually use.

Love timeshare, don't you? :banana:

Dan B.
05-12-2006, 12:05 AM
we own 3 KoOline 2br Marriotts, 1 Maui 2br Marriott, 2 Maui 1br Embassys.

4ARedOctober
05-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Wow you all own some great resorts.....I was so tempted to puchase an EOY at the Pahio Bali Hai cheap on resale but held off not wanting to own in Hawaii because of the maintenance fees. So far we have been lucky with trading into Hawaii but I still want to kick myself for not buying into the Pahio resorts at the time......

We do go to Hawaii regularly.

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back