PDA

View Full Version : Kona car rental $13 a day!

vinolover
09-05-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm in the process of finishing up the details for our Hawaii trip. Two weeks from right now we'll be on the plane :)

I've been checking car rental deals and found the cheapest rate for an economy car was Budget (using the AARP discount) total of $223.82 for our 9 day stay.

I've never tried Priceline for car rental but thought I'd give it a shot. My second bid was accepted, $13 a day, with tax and fees a total of $176.12. This is through Alamo (compared to the best deal I could find using the discounts on the Alamo site of $340).

I'm happy :biggrin:

Unfortunately I'm not having the same luck for the Oahu portion of the trip. My Priceline bids of $15, 16 and 17 weren't accepted. I'll have to wait 3 days and try that again.

T. R. Oglodyte
09-05-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm in the process of finishing up the details for our Hawaii trip. Two weeks from right now we'll be on the plane :)

I've been checking car rental deals and found the cheapest rate for an economy car was Budget (using the AARP discount) total of $223.82 for our 9 day stay.

I've never tried Priceline for car rental but thought I'd give it a shot. My second bid was accepted, $13 a day, with tax and fees a total of $176.12. This is through Alamo (compared to the best deal I could find using the discounts on the Alamo site of $340).

Unfortunately I'm not having the same luck for the Oahu portion of the trip. My Priceline bids of $15, 16 and 17 weren't accepted. I'll have to wait 3 days and try that again.
Congratulations! Now you know why many of us love Priceline and Hotwire.

FWIW - most of the time when I've done car rentals on O`ahu, I haven't been able to get a Priceline or Hotwire offer significantly lower than the best rate I could for a direct booking. I've had very good success with PL and Hotwire, though, on both the Big Island and Kaua`i.

bigfrank
09-05-2006, 06:23 PM
When I did the 4 Islands 2 of my bids were won on Pl. They were great deals. On Oahu if I recall was one of the best deals.
Hint when picking up your car I recall getting 2 upgrades on 2 of the islands. I just do not recall which 2. On 1 of the islands we were upgraded to a convertible on the other a luxury. Be sure to Tip the right person as that is when good things happens.:woot:

taffy19
09-05-2006, 07:30 PM

Congratulations on these fantastic rental prices that you were able to get. :biggrin:

You must be really getting excited about your trip to Hawaii in a few weeks. The weather should be beautiful. I just talked to our developer at the MS and the weather is beautiful. I can hardly wait to go back especially since I have been playing the music today and yesterday. :)

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back