PDA

View Full Version : Ready to start planning my first Hawaii trip 2008! Where do I start?

DorotaG
08-28-2006, 04:43 PM
We have never been to Hawaii before. Would like to go in summer 2008. Since it is a long way from Indiana, we will probably stay 2 weeks. It will be myself and DH, DD ( 14 in 2008) and DS (8 in 2008). We will be trading through RCI (probably points since my weak trader in "Weeks" is not seeing much).
I have many many questions, read through some reviews, but what would you recommend for a Hawaiian newbie? I would like to get 2 different resorts, but should it be the same island? or should we island hop? Would it be very difficult? We will try to book FF tickets with either Delta or United. Of course this brings up another problem, FF ticked have to be booked before I can book resort in points (330 days ahead as opposed to 303 days ahead).

What do we "have to" see as first timers? We love the beaches, snorkeling and swimming, would enjoy hiking to see vulcanoes, sightseeing.... Not sure if we want to stay in Honolulu, maybe for a day or two...
Please help me :confused2 !!! I would like to make this trip special since we may be not coming back for a while!

philsfan
08-28-2006, 05:59 PM
If you're not going back for a while you might want to do two islands. You lose most of a day travelling but we did two islands for our first two trips there and I think I would do it again that way.

The active volcano is on the Big Island. There are nice resorts in Kona on one side of the island and Waikoloa on the other. Everyone seems to like FF Kona Hawaiian Village, we liked it but we're going to try Mauna Loa Village on our next trip. We snorkled on a beach about a mile from KHV. The black sand beach is halfway between Kona and the volcano. We only spent a day in Waikoloa the first time so we're staying there for a week on our next trip in March. I'll let you know what I think.

Maui has an inactive volcano that is very cool called Haleakala and the road to Hana. You can ride a bike from the 10,000 foot summit of Haleakala down to the bottom. The best luau we ever went to was on Maui, it's called Old Lahaina Luau. There are two timeshare areas there, too, on opposite sides of the island, Kaanapali/Lahaina and Kihei. Kaanapali is busier, Kihei is more laid back. We stayed in Kaanapali and drove to Kihei for a couple of day trips. We liked the beaches in Kihei better. Didn't do any snorkeling on Maui but I'm sure it's good all over Kihei.

Kauai was our first Hawaiian Island and because of that I think it will always be our favorite. Princeville is on the north side, Lihue and Kapaa are in the middle and Poipu is in the south. We've stayed in Lihue and Poipu and liked both spots. Princeville can be rainy or it can be perfect but I think the nicer resorts are there. Did some fun snorkeling at Poipu Beach. Walked to the bottom of a big waterfall near Lihue, that was fun. Going down was anyway, thought I was gonna stroke out on the way back up, it started to rain while we were at the bottom and the trail turned into mud, deep mud. We also took a cruise along the Napali coast which really showed off some of Kauai's breathtaking scenery.

If volcanos are interesting to you, I would pick Maui and the big island. If their not such a big deal, flip a coin, you can't go wrong!

JLB
08-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Our first step we we went in '99, was to accidentally see an exchange online. You might want to see if you can do an exchange, and what for.

Maybe compare with others here.

When I search I search all of Hawaii.

philsfan
08-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Forgot to say that except to use it as a hub for flights to the mainland, we have stayed away from Oahu on purpose. This is due to people we know that say 'Honolulu is nothing but a city with a beach, you can go to city without a 10 hour flight'. Do others out there have the same opinion??

susieq
08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
When we went to Hawaii, yes we flew into Oahu. Only stayed a day and a half tho. We walked along Waikiki, and downtown Honolulu. The following morning as soon as we got up, we went for breakfast, then over to Pearl to tour the Arizona. Very moving. After a few hours, we flew to Maui. Honolulu is a big "cement city", but we actually did the two things there that we wanted to. If it weren't for those two, yes, I would've skipped Oahu also. JMO though! ;)

Whatever you decide, like was stated before, you can't go wrong. Have a great vacation!! :wavey:

Sue

dboy1
08-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Yes Honolulu is a city with a beach but it is a HAWAIIAN city with a beach!! WE love all the islands of Hawaii and our favorite one is the one we are on at that time.For a 2 week stay 2 islands is a good idea but involves the dreaded island hopping which we prefer to avoid--bin dar don dat-do'nt want the T-shirt.The important thing is that you are going to Hawaii and will love any island you end up on!!

Arkansas Winger
08-29-2006, 12:49 AM
I agree with most that you can do about all you will want to do on Oahu in a couple of days. I personally prefer spending my time on the Big Island but they are all beautiful and make for great vacations.
Dale

T. R. Oglodyte
08-29-2006, 01:08 AM
The first thing to remember about deciding on islands to visit - and to remind yourself whenever you're feeling confused - you cannot make a bad choice!!! Repeat over and over - there is no way you can screw it up.

Now, with that said here are a few guiidelines:

Take any nice resort and don't worry about which island it is on. They are all enjoyable.

When booking FF miles, you are likely to find that you can't match available seats with check-in days at resorts. Don't worry. Be happy!. Just fill in the extra couple of days with a few nights at a bed and breakfast in an area you wouldn''t otherwise be able to get to conveniently.

On the Big Island, spend those couple of extra nights on the south or southeast sides of this island. That will make it much easier to visit the volcanoes. And there is much to do and see in the Hilo area, and there are many fewer tourists.

On Maui, spend a couple of nights near Hana or upcountry.

On Kaua`i, if your timeshare is on the south shore, spend a couple of nights on the north shore. Of if your resort is north, spend the couple of extra nights on the south shore.

On O`ahu, spend the nights on the north shore.

Get copies of the Wizard Publcations guidebooks for whatever islands you do visit.

Don't overplan your trip and activities. Leave time to relax and just poke around.

DorotaG
08-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Wow, you guys are great! So, from what you say, I should just book in a nice resort and plan my activities around it? And is island hopping really this cumbersome? Remember, we are shooting for two weeks, so it would not be different island every 2-3 days...
Right now this is what I can see for 2008: Kahana Falls (#2788), Kona Billfisher (#0029) and Paniolo Greens (#3977). If I look with points (at points resorts) I can see only 2007 (303 days ahead) and there seems to be good availability but most of these resorts are WAY TOO MANY POINTS!!! PAHIO at the Shearwater is 166,440!!!! This equals to about four weeks worth of my points!!! Lawai Beach Resort (#5080) in "ONLY" 82220 points, for 1 bdrm, PAHIO at Kauai Beach Villas (#3681) starts at close to 90,000 for 1 bdrm., PAHIO at Bali Hai Villas (#3031) a little over 90,000 for 1 bdrm. I am starting to wonder if I should try for a least one week with SFX - anybody had an experience exchanging with them into Hawaii?

iceeu2
08-29-2006, 08:28 AM
I love it when you say, "We will not be back for a while". Believe me, you will start planning and trying to decide just how fast you can get back!

For one of our weeks, we are using HTSE (Hawaii Timeshare Exchange). They are really friendly and knowledgable and have lots of great exchanges. Look for them here under exchange companies and you can see how to view their site as a guest.

As others have said, you cannot go wrong with whichever island(s) you choose. There's lots of good sites for finding all about Hawaii. Try fodors, frommers, travelerstogo.

Happy planning:wavey:

T. R. Oglodyte
08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Wow, you guys are great! So, from what you say, I should just book in a nice resort and plan my activities around it?
Yes.

And is island hopping really this cumbersome?
Visiting two islands in two weeks is fine. But spending two weeks on one island is also fine. I would let the availability of resorts and ability to make reservations from the mainland drive the decision.

I am starting to wonder if I should try for a least one week with SFX - anybody had an experience exchanging with them into Hawaii?
I've not used SFX for Hawai`i, but I have used Trading Places (trade into Mauna Loa Village on the Big Island)) and Hawai`i Timeshare Exchange (trade to Moloka`i).

shopgirl
08-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Pahio @ Shearwater is only 109,000 points, not 166,440.

You are seeing about the same weeks that I am seeing with my kinda weak trader. What resort are you searching with? When I look with my one bedroom Bali Hai, there are dozens of resorts available.

I keep thinking about buying the two annual Pahio @ Bali Hai one bedrooms on myresortnetwork.com. I bought one week from the same reseller already (he is actually a TUG member, Jim in Cancun and owns a company called Caribbean Timeshare Resales) and have been tempted because I can pull Shearwater with my one bedroom EOY @ Bali Hai. So I am thinking, "Why not save the MF's and just buy the two weeks and trade up." The price is cheap and includes closing costs.

DorotaG
08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
In my "WEEKS" account I don't see anything for either summer (2007 or 2008) but the only thing left to trade with I have right now is my little Sudwala (SA) week... Don't expect much from it and will be using it for PFD very soon... 2008 weeks I was talking about I see going through my "POINTS" account but searching in weeks: for 2008 I can see several different resorts, but not as many as in points for 2007.
Searching in points I can see many more, but I can only search till June 28, 2007. PAHIO at the Shearwater (#2638) is one of them but I can only see one week:
2 Bedrooms 6/6 Full 06/28/2007 07/08/2007 166,440 Ouch!!!

Carol C
08-29-2006, 03:12 PM
My fave islands are Kauai, Big Island, Maui, then Oahu. You can easily piggyback two weeks. Example, in Nov 07 I'm going to Big Island first, then two nights of lag time will have me staying in Hana on Maui unless I am forced to fly via Honolulu in which case I may stay at a B & B on north shore or try for a Marriott promo stay. Then I have my week on Maui. I've done piggybacked trips with no trouble both times in past 10 yrs or so, once in April and once in Nov, and I'm going back Nov 07. You'll have no problem since you're starting so far ahead.

My fave must sees per island... Kauai's Waimea Canyon and Kokee State Park (you also can camp in their cabins a couple nights, kids will love it), Maui's Haleakala Crater for hiking, and Big Island's Volcanoes Natl Park (I stayed at My Island B & B near Volcano and loved it there). Have fun!

Glitter Brunello
08-29-2006, 05:01 PM
We are here on Maui, did one week on Big Island first. No problem to island hop over here, you can definitely do two islands in a week.

We got one week on each island through SFX.

Something to keep in mind if you come to Maui... we did it for our second week when we were already 'on Hawaii time..' Would probably have fared better doing it first since many activities here are optimal early in the morning due to calmer seas, lower wind (wind and surf pick up on the west side in the afternoon). Not a big 'make or break' thing, just something to keep in mind if you aren't morning people.

Have fun planning your trip!

philsfan
08-29-2006, 05:12 PM
I love it when you say, "We will not be back for a while". Believe me, you will start planning and trying to decide just how fast you can get back!

For one of our weeks, we are using HTSE (Hawaii Timeshare Exchange). They are really friendly and knowledgable and have lots of great exchanges. Look for them here under exchange companies and you can see how to view their site as a guest.

Two great points above, we didn't think we would be going back and now we go every two years.

If you have a week considered prime season in RCI or II you can trade it with HTSE. You are practically guaranteed to get Lawai Beach Resort on Kauai if you want it and you can start on ongoing search with them and they will call as soon as the have something. Membership and exchange fees are less than RCI but if you want a larger unit than what you deposit the upgrade price is big, $175 extra.

shopgirl
08-29-2006, 10:51 PM
PAHIO at the Shearwater (#2638)
3730 Kamehameha Road
Princeville
HI 96722
USA Phone: 808/826-6549
www.PAHIO.com
vipservices@pahio.com

Return to Search Results

Select Unit Select Unit Type Privacy/Max
Occupancy Kitchen Check-in
Date Check-out
Date Points
2 Bedrooms 6/6 Full 06/08/2007 06/15/2007 93,000
2 Bedrooms 6/6 Full 06/28/2007 07/05/2007 109,500

This is what I see for today.

shopgirl
08-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Len, what are you seeing for Shearwater with your points account?

Maybe you are using Fairfield points? I don't understand the discrepancy. Can anyone figure this one out? I thought a point is a point.

djyamyam
08-29-2006, 11:46 PM
PAHIO at the Shearwater (#2638)
3730 Kamehameha Road
Princeville
HI 96722
www.PAHIO.com (http://www.PAHIO.com)
vipservices@pahio.com

Return to Search Results

Select Unit Select Unit Type Privacy/Max
Occupancy Kitchen Check-in Date Check-out Date Points
2 Bedrooms 6/6 Full 06/08/2007 06/15/2007 93,000
2 Bedrooms 6/6 Full 06/28/2007 07/05/2007 109,500

This is what I see for today.

Cindy,

I see the same thing as you for point value

http://www.rci.com/CDA/images/GC-ColorTinierIcon.gif
PAHIO at the Shearwater (#2638) (http://www.rci.com/GPN2/CDA/Functional/Navigation/GPN2_index?layout=GPN2_layout&body=GPN2_searchResultsSingleResort&resortID=2638&resortid=2638&searchsource=points&searchResults=&checkInDt=6/28/2007&veflag=VE&count=1)
3730 Kamehameha Road
Princeville
HI 96722
www.PAHIO.com (http://www.pahio.com/)
vipservices@pahio.com (vipservices@pahio.com)

Select Unit
SelectUnit TypePrivacy/Max
OccupancyKitchenCheck-in Date Check-out Date Points
2 Bedrooms 6/6 Full 06/28/2007 07/05/2007109,500

shopgirl
08-30-2006, 12:03 AM
You were doing a TEN day search. I feel like a goof. Of course you are right!:o

Carolinian
08-30-2006, 07:45 AM
I concur. HTSE is the very first exchange company I would consider in making a Hawaii exchange. Their website is www.htse.net They have lower costs than RCI or II, and are the Hawaii experts.

Other exchange companies to consider for Hawaii:
www.tradingplaces.com
www.platinuminterchange.com
www.daelive.com
All of these have free membership, a request first system (where you do not have to deposit a week or prepay an exchange fee to do a search), and cheaper exchange fees. They will take most RCI or II resorts as a deposit.

Personally I used DAE to get a 2BR Easter week at Pono Kai.

Two great points above, we didn't think we would be going back and now we go every two years.

If you have a week considered prime season in RCI or II you can trade it with HTSE. You are practically guaranteed to get Lawai Beach Resort on Kauai if you want it and you can start on ongoing search with them and they will call as soon as the have something. Membership and exchange fees are less than RCI but if you want a larger unit than what you deposit the upgrade price is big, $175 extra.

DorotaG
08-30-2006, 08:22 AM
I did not realize I was doing a 10 days search!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Now I understand my high points values!! Not sure how this happened, maybe switching back and forth from weeks to points got me confused, I probably thoughts I was entering "number of weeks to search." I feel silly :oops: Thank you for solving the mystery. Now I feel better about value of my points, didn't think I would ever have enough for 2 weeks without sacrificing about 2 years of vacations.

Ryne08
09-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Which is better a two weeks timeshare exhange or a 14 days cruise on a cruise ship visiting four islands?

Jaybee
09-02-2006, 01:09 PM
About which Hawaiian islands to visit, I agree with Steve...ANY, or ALL of them. :) I also agree with those who feel you'll probably go home trying to figure out how and when you can go back there.
Our personal favorite is Kauai, but we prefer the central and southern areas. We're particularly fond of Lawai Beach Resort, but it's hard to go wrong, wherever you end up.
We've enjoyed Oahu several times, and we're going back to Waikiki next March. There is so much to see there, it shouldn't be overlooked. There is much history there...The Arizona Memorial, The Punchbowl cemetery; there is a wonderful zoo, and The Polynesian Cultural Center is an educational and enjoyable way to spend a day & evening. There are many resorts near, or on the beach at Waikiki. It's a totally different experience than the other islands, but each has its own charm. We've also visited Ko-Olina, away from the madding crowd, and it was a very different experience.
Sometime, we'd love to go back to the big island and spend a night near the volcano, to see the lava flow at night. Maui seems to be the most popular, and we've been there twice, but it wouldn't be our first choice any more.
We haven't visited Lanai or Molokai yet, but there's something to love about every island.
We've never found in inter-island flights a hassle. Just request all of Hawaii, as Steve suggested, and know you'll come out a winner. :banana:

Luanne
09-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Which is better a two weeks timeshare exhange or a 14 days cruise on a cruise ship visiting four islands?

Depends on how you want to experience Hawaii. If you want to see a very little bit of four islands (I don't think you have much more than one day on each island you stop at), or see two islands in more depth.

Ann-Marie
09-02-2006, 08:50 PM
We did the cruise around the Hawaiian Islands 20 years ago. It was wonderful. We stopped at 4 islands, and were able to get a small flavor of each island. On the way home we stayed on Maui for 4 nights. I have recently heard that the cruise ships must now sail all the way out into (I guess) international waters. I'm not sure what the reason is, but the cruises now take a full day and one half to go and visit some tiny little island that is not worth the trip at all. From what I have been told, it takes away from the extra time spent on the Hawaiian Islands.
We are going to Hawaii again next year. It is indeed a tough decision which islands to see. I did some research, and thought that Maui and Hawaii would be totally different in scenery and things to do. We are flying into Oahu, and then going to Maui. We have a trade there, and then fly to Hawaii for a week. Although, I have been reading that Maui has a lot of traffic, and that is a little discouraging to me. On return from Hawaii, we will spend 2 nights in Oahu. From what I remember, that will be enough for a return visit. If it was our first time, I would probably spend at least 2-3 days to be able to do some sightseeing.

maiwah
09-21-2006, 10:48 PM
My family and I just got back from our best two weeks in Hawaii couple of weeks ago. We spent one week in Kauai and one week on the Big Island. To be honest, I did not do a lot of preparation. I did regret not to book airfare way advance. By the time I get my act together, (about 6 months before travel date), AA had no seat for mileage redemption. Anyway, I first went to Hawaii official site and requested for travel information. This gave me some overviews of the two islands I was planning to go. However, the real planning actually came soon after I arrived Hawaii. There are a lot, I mean a lot of travel materials, like 101 best things to do in..., etc. right at the airports (both Kauai and the Big Island). At each resort, I attended orientation, or talked to the receptionist. Hawaiian are very friendly. I got a lot, a lot of information about what to do on the islands.

Each island, I also looked for any activity organized by local historical society. So, each island I joined a walk organized by their historical society. We learnt so much from these walks. We talked to native Hawaiian, as well as american who moved to Hawaii and get to know the islands much more than I ever expected. I took a hula dance lesson taught by a native Hawaiian instructor.

Both islands are absolutely beautiful. We were very busy driving around the islands, going snorkelling, hiking, we went to luaus on both islands. Oh, Hawaiian blue is just stunning. You cannot distinguish where does the water ends and where does sky begin... We so missed Hawaii. It has been couple of weeks after we got back, we still feel the Hawaii impact in our lives. I know friends who go to Hawaii every year. I also met people at the resort who go back every year. I used to think that Hawaii is an over-rated destination. After this trip, my opinion totally changed. I love the place, the weather, and more importantly, the people there.

Let me know which islands you decided to go. If it is Kauai or the Big Island, I can send some travel tips to you. I definitely think that you need a week minimum to get to know the island and the people there.

swilshire
09-22-2006, 06:52 AM
I haven't read the other responses, but I can share our experience. We visited in June of this year. Coming all the way from Tennessee, I insisted on staying three weeks. We spent one week on Kauai, a week on Maui and a week on the Big Island.

We used Delta frequent flyer points into Kona, so originally were arriving too late at night to make an island hop over to Kauai. We booked one night with RCI Points on the Big Island, then flew out the next day. By the time Delta changed our flights about a dozen times, we could have easily skipped the first night, but who knew?

We needed 2br units, and I've always heard that Maui is the hardest for this, so I booked Maui first, then found a week to go on each side of it. It was really easier than I thought it would be, and all reservations were in place before the magic date to call for ff tickets.

I had a bit of a problem finding ff availability for four (that's all I had enough miles for) but a helpful person on flyertalk.com got me started looking at various alternate routings and after a few nights of getting up at midnight to call the Indian call center, we wound up with very acceptable flights. Originally had a very long layover in Atlanta on the return, but in one of the many calls I later had to make when Delta changed flights and made my routings invalid, the long layover got eliminated.

There are two things I wish I had done differently. I wish I had gone to the Big Island first because of the stark landscape and because it is so big. We traveled a lot to see things. Kauai was the most relaxing island, so it would have been nice to do it last.

Also, we booked our flight out for 11:30 at night without considering what to do with our luggage all day. Some of our interisland flights were also in the afternoon. If I went again, I think I would fly home a day early, making the resort available to us right until flight time. My interisland flights would have been more midday.

The planning was half the fun, but we had a great time!

Sheila

Judykay
12-31-2006, 03:35 PM
[We'll be going to Maui the end of this month with our daughter, grandkids and 15 other relatives (different resorts, thank heavens!) We're trying to plan in advance for several activities. I've been told that snorkeling is just as good right off some of the beaches as it is at Molokini, True? Is the luau at Kaanapali Beach is as good as Old Lahaina and it's less expensive. Is it generally advisable to make arreservations on-line ahead of time?
We'll do the bike ride down the volcano, whale watch. Some of the younger and more fit ones want to do the zip-line. Any recommendations or advice?

I haven't read the other responses, but I can share our experience. We visited in June of this year. Coming all the way from Tennessee, I insisted on staying three weeks. We spent one week on Kauai, a week on Maui and a week on the Big Island.

We used Delta frequent flyer points into Kona, so originally were arriving too late at night to make an island hop over to Kauai. We booked one night with RCI Points on the Big Island, then flew out the next day. By the time Delta changed our flights about a dozen times, we could have easily skipped the first night, but who knew?

We needed 2br units, and I've always heard that Maui is the hardest for this, so I booked Maui first, then found a week to go on each side of it. It was really easier than I thought it would be, and all reservations were in place before the magic date to call for ff tickets.

I had a bit of a problem finding ff availability for four (that's all I had enough miles for) but a helpful person on flyertalk.com got me started looking at various alternate routings and after a few nights of getting up at midnight to call the Indian call center, we wound up with very acceptable flights. Originally had a very long layover in Atlanta on the return, but in one of the many calls I later had to make when Delta changed flights and made my routings invalid, the long layover got eliminated.

There are two things I wish I had done differently. I wish I had gone to the Big Island first because of the stark landscape and because it is so big. We traveled a lot to see things. Kauai was the most relaxing island, so it would have been nice to do it last.

Also, we booked our flight out for 11:30 at night without considering what to do with our luggage all day. Some of our interisland flights were also in the afternoon. If I went again, I think I would fly home a day early, making the resort available to us right until flight time. My interisland flights would have been more midday.

The planning was half the fun, but we had a great time!

Sheila

Judykay
12-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Obviously I don't know the correct way to post a reply, my apologies to Sheila. I'll work on it.

lawren2
12-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Obviously I don't know the correct way to post a reply, my apologies to Sheila. I'll work on it.

Got you covered Judykay. :wink:

BocaBum99
12-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Pono Kai Unit D209: 12/31/06; 11:15 am HST

http://www.timeshareforums.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_0748.jpg

Arline
12-31-2006, 06:12 PM
No one has mentioned Trading Places, International. We have received many trades to Hawaii with TPI (Maui Schooner, Mauna Loa, Paniolo Greens, Cliff's Club) and we find them to be very professional. Our 1st timeshare purchase was Kona Coast Resort on the Big Island. Since we love Hawaii so much, we have purchased additional weeks on eBay. Traveling from the East Coast, we like to stay at least 3 weeks, so we purchased a unit at Pono Kai and one every-other year at Maui Schooner in Kihei. Maui's high taxes result in substantial maintenance fees! In the last 2 months, I added another Pono Kai and Kona Coast unit, so we can take our kids and grandkids with us. We already have family trips planned for August 2007 and July 2008. I will be retiring at the end of the school year, so we will have 4 or 5 timeshare weeks, plus any trades we can arrange. We use our credit card for everything in order to accumulate those FF miles and we volunteer to get bumped every chance we get.

Our favorite activities include snorkeling, touring, and watching sunsets in a variety of seafood restaurants. My sister prefers the Big Island, my husband likes Maui and I love Kauai. There is aloha in the air wherever you travel on the islands. One year, it rained on and off for three weeks, and we still had a wonderful time finding alternate activities to occupy our time. We have been traveling to Hawaii since 1995 and I feel joyful whenever I read the posts from other timeshare folks who are in paradise when I'm not. :wavey:

Arline
12-31-2006, 06:24 PM
Here are some websites:

http://www.bestofhawaii.com/sitemap.htm
http://www.gohawaii.com/
http://www.bestplaceshawaii.com/calendar/index.html
http://www.kauaiworld.com/
http://www.virtualguidebooks.com/Hawaii/Maui.html
http://www.konaweb.com/
http://www.turtles.org/overview.htm

Enjoy!

Arline
12-31-2006, 08:17 PM
I am new to this website. I posted, then tried to edit my post. When I posted a second time, there was a duplicate post. I apologize if this happens again.

No one has mentioned Trading Places, International. We have received many trades to Hawaii with TPI (Maui Schooner, Mauna Loa, Paniolo Greens, Cliff's Club) and we find them to be very professional. Our 1st timeshare purchase was Kona Coast Resort on the Big Island. Since we love Hawaii so much, we have purchased additional weeks on eBay. Traveling from the East Coast, we like to stay at least 3 weeks, so we purchased a unit at Pono Kai and one every-other year at Maui Schooner in Kihei. Maui's high taxes result in substantial maintenance fees! In the last 2 months, I added another Pono Kai and Kona Coast unit, so we can take our kids and grandkids with us. We already have family trips planned for August 2007 and July 2008. I will be retiring at the end of the school year, so we will have 4 or 5 timeshare weeks, plus any trades we can arrange. We use our credit card for everything in order to accumulate those FF miles and we volunteer to get bumped every chance we get.

Our favorite activities include snorkeling, touring, and watching sunsets in a variety of seafood restaurants. My sister prefers the Big Island, my husband likes Maui and I love Kauai. There is aloha in the air wherever you travel on the islands. One year, it rained on and off for three weeks, and we still had a wonderful time finding alternate activities to occupy our time. We have been traveling to Hawaii since 1995 and I feel joyful whenever I read the posts from other timeshare folks who are in paradise when I'm not.

Here are some websites:

http://www.bestofhawaii.com/sitemap.htm
http://www.gohawaii.com/
http://www.bestplaceshawaii.com/calendar/index.html
http://www.kauaiworld.com/
http://www.virtualguidebooks.com/Hawaii/Maui.html
http://www.konaweb.com/
http://www.turtles.org/overview.htm

Enjoy

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back