PDA

View Full Version : Vincent Arroyo Petite Sirah 2007 $14.99 67% off

Glitter Brunello
12-12-2011, 01:41 AM
This may be my favorite Napa winery... a great price for this.

Vincent Arroyo Winery
Bridge 1904
Napa Valley
Petite Sirah 2007
Free Shipping on 4 or more
***67% OFF!***

Incredible Price for a Stunning
Napa Estate Petite Sirah,
From the Renowned
Vincent Arroyo Winery.
A Legendary Calistoga Producer Since 1974

Otherwise Only Available
From the Winery!

92 Points - Jonathan H. Newman!
Designation: Value Buy

"Vivid aromas of dark dense fruit especially plum, dark chocolate, and blackberries. A palate of sweet rich oak and loads of packed fresh fruit including black cherries, black currants, licorice and plum, and a cinnamon nutmeg spice box." [JHN]
Original: $45.00
Yesterday's Best Web:
(including cost of shipping*) $44.37
Our Price(Delivered): $14.99

92 - Jonathan H. Newman

UNIT SIZE 750.00 ml
VARIETAL: Petit Sirah
VINTAGE: 2007
GRAPE: Petite Sirah
REGION: Napa Valley
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.30 %

LisaH
12-12-2011, 02:14 AM
I can't believe that I just ordered four more bottles tonight :D

Glitter Brunello
12-12-2011, 02:51 AM
I can't believe that I just ordered four more bottles tonight :D

I took four, will undoubtedly be sorry I didn't buy more.

bigfrank
12-12-2011, 03:36 AM
I just picked up 6 of the Taurus. As it is now I do not have the room to store all the extra wine I have now. I had found 3 Brunello's last week sitting out of the wine cellar. It took me some time to find room for them. U think I need to drink more:mrgreen:

wackymother
12-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I was resisting this successfully until I saw your post, Glitter.

My excuse is that DH's uncle is having a 90th birthday party next month and he LOVES wine--he has wine with dinner every single night (and obviously it's working for him!). So I've been buying some "better" wine from WTSO to have a nice present for him that he will really enjoy.

lawren2
12-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Great Deal! Thanks for the tip. :hug:

PS: For newer folks that may not know this is available at WTSO (http://www.winestilsoldout.com)

Kristibella07
12-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Hi,

we just bought this wine on wine till sold out website. And unfortunately only got 4 bottles. It is AMAZING! Know anywhere we can buy more?

Thanks!

This may be my favorite Napa winery... a great price for this.

Vincent Arroyo Winery
Bridge 1904
Napa Valley
Petite Sirah 2007
Free Shipping on 4 or more
***67% OFF!***

Incredible Price for a Stunning
Napa Estate Petite Sirah,
From the Renowned
Vincent Arroyo Winery.
A Legendary Calistoga Producer Since 1974

Otherwise Only Available
From the Winery!

92 Points - Jonathan H. Newman!
Designation: Value Buy

"Vivid aromas of dark dense fruit especially plum, dark chocolate, and blackberries. A palate of sweet rich oak and loads of packed fresh fruit including black cherries, black currants, licorice and plum, and a cinnamon nutmeg spice box." [JHN]
Original: $45.00
Yesterday's Best Web:
(including cost of shipping*) $44.37
Our Price(Delivered): $14.99

92 - Jonathan H. Newman

UNIT SIZE 750.00 ml
VARIETAL: Petit Sirah
VINTAGE: 2007
GRAPE: Petite Sirah
REGION: Napa Valley
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 14.30 %

Glitter Brunello
12-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Hi,

we just bought this wine on wine till sold out website. And unfortunately only got 4 bottles. It is AMAZING! Know anywhere we can buy more?

Thanks!

I don't know of any place to get it other than directly from the Vincent Arroyo winery, but they do ship. I'm guessing this particular vintage is finished, but you won't be disappointed in anything from Vincent Arroyo. Unfortunately, retail prices are nothing like this sale. I'm also sorry I only took four bottles, and I know the wine so am really kicking myself!!

Here's the winery's website. And if you are ever in the area, I highly recommend a tasting/tour.

Welcome to the Vincent Arroyo Winery (http://www.vincentarroyo.com/)

wackymother
12-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Ooh, I just carted my four bottles down to my basement. Or, as I refer to it, the wine cellar.

Glitter Brunello
01-14-2012, 01:45 AM
Ok, we finally got around to opening this.

Weird thing, though... I hadn't even looked at the bottles when they arrived and tonight (after pouring/tasting) realized that "Vincent Arroyo" was not to be found anywhere on the labels, either front or back. If anyone found something I missed, please let me know.

Regardless of the producer, it is excellent. It is labeled as being from Calistoga... I'm glad you all enjoyed it, but :confused:

I wonder if "Bridge 104 Winery" is owned by Vincent Arroyo? Or was there a typo in the listing...

I was going to gift a bottle or two to the friends that introduced to V.A. in Napa last year, but now must investigate further or rethink!

wackymother
01-14-2012, 09:32 AM
Ok, we finally got around to opening this.

Weird thing, though... I hadn't even looked at the bottles when they arrived and tonight (after pouring/tasting) realized that "Vincent Arroyo" was not to be found anywhere on the labels, either front or back. If anyone found something I missed, please let me know.

Regardless of the producer, it is excellent. It is labeled as being from Calistoga... I'm glad you all enjoyed it, but :confused:

I wonder if "Bridge 104 Winery" is owned by Vincent Arroyo? Or was there a typo in the listing...

I was going to gift a bottle or two to the friends that introduced to V.A. in Napa last year, but now must investigate further or rethink!

Weird! Are you going to write to WTSO? Let us know what they say.

T. R. Oglodyte
01-14-2012, 01:07 PM
Bridge 1904 is a second label for Vincent Arroyo winery.

Bridge 1904 (http://www.bridge1904.com/)

Glitter Brunello
01-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Bridge 1904 is a second label for Vincent Arroyo winery.

Bridge 1904 (http://www.bridge1904.com/)

Ahhh -- I missed the copyright. Makes sense. Thanks. I wonder if you can even buy it at VA. Going in October, will find out!

wackymother
01-14-2012, 04:22 PM
But it's good? So I'm still okay for giving some to DH's uncle?

Glitter Brunello
01-15-2012, 04:09 AM
But it's good? So I'm still okay for giving some to DH's uncle?

Opened another tonight at poker - RAVE reviews from tough critics. I emailed WTSO to see if they have any left over.

Glitter Brunello
01-17-2012, 02:01 PM
"Good morning,

Vincent Arroyo has actually gifted his Winery over to his children. They have re-named the Winery as "Bridge 1904", you can also find more information about this online :-) "

LisaH
01-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Weird though. If a business has a great reputation, why would they change the name with no further info or explanation? The original website is still up and running with no mentioning of Bridge 1904, and the new website has very few info about its relationship to Vincent Arroyo other than the copyright reference...

Glitter Brunello
01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Weird though. If a business has a great reputation, why would they change the name with no further info or explanation? The original website is still up and running with no mentioning of Bridge 1904, and the new website has very few info about its relationship to Vincent Arroyo other than the copyright reference...

Agree!

It was his son that gave us the tour last year. Vincent was still popping in periodically. Honestly, I don't know how wide a reputation they have/had as they are a very small vineyard that was introduced to us by local friends - maybe they are trying to rebrand and increase visibility.

btw, there were 23 bottles left as of about 1 pm today. If anybody wants ordering info, PM me.

LisaH
01-17-2012, 04:31 PM
I would like to order more. Please send me info. :)
Thanks!

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back