PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield buys Shawnee Delvelopment

Sance
08-13-2005, 09:39 AM
http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2005/08/08/daily45.html?jst=b_ln_hl
Fairfield buying Shawnee Development gives Fairfield a much stronger presence in the Northeast. Good step for Fairfield.
Bob

tonyg
08-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Not sure exactly what they bought other than Shawnee Development, Inc. perhaps Theresa can give us more specifics. Most of the timeshare developed is sold out- so they can't be buying much.

sreiml8
08-13-2005, 12:14 PM
The Beat reported that land to build 41 units went with the deal, and also 200 acres near the ski mountain.
I saw Theresa posting again recently after being absent awhile. I wondered when I read about the sale if everything was OK with her at the resort. I only know her from the groups, but enjoy her sense of humor. She can dish it and take it without getting mad at me. :grin:

Quarterbore
08-13-2005, 09:09 PM
We own at Shawnee and will be checking in tomorrow... If I get a chance I will ask about this when I get up there. As for Shawnee, they own a huge amount of land and I am sure they have room to build more units if they wanted but Shawnee is very good at making money off their visitors as well through their Golf and other extra activities...

Thanks for sharing this info... but ... your link above didn't work for me :link:

tonyg
08-14-2005, 12:19 AM
The link gets you to a summary page, if you scroll down to Orlando and click on the story you will get it.

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back